Christmas Present

swanny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Good old quite frightening. A girl I know invented dark fruits about 20 years ago by adding Ribena to white lightning to take away the disgusting taste. Oh the good old days.

Absolutely...a couple of slurps of that and you wouldn’t know which station to get off the train at. ?

17 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Good old quite frightening. A girl I know invented dark fruits about 20 years ago by adding Ribena to white lightning to take away the disgusting taste. Oh the good old days.

White lightning and castaway makes a Blastaway!

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Had plenty of them down at the Pav in the 90’s I was a bit more upper class and had a Dimond White and Castaway. 

Had a mate that used to put a straw in each bottle but not use the straws to drink it. He'd bend  the straws over the side and then drink each bottle simultaneously in about 5 seconds flat. Pretty impressive party piece to be fair.

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Had a mate that used to put a straw in each bottle but not use the straws to drink it. He'd bend  the straws over the side and then drink each bottle simultaneously in about 5 seconds flat. Pretty impressive party piece to be fair.

...and where is he now? ?

On 06/11/2018 at 15:52, swanny said:

I never know what to ask for when the family ask me. But i did wonder about something Derby related. Does anybody have any ideas about good Derby county posters/pictures art/ that is available to buy? I've seen some on ebay but they don't really float my boat that much

paul

I liked some of the Baseball Ground ‘signs’ on eBay until I read the words “ Brand new”.

Ask for cash then wait for a signed book or programme to be offered and bid for it.

Avoid any gimmicky tat. Some of the 60s and 70s badges may be worth saving (provided they’re genuine).

Someone from Belper is selling a job lot including signed ball, autograph book and signed photos ending at nine pm tomorrow. It’s under a fiver now but bids are sure to rocket. Looks a nice item.

On 07/11/2018 at 08:28, loweman2 said:

I’ve been sent these to test out for the Ramtique guys, they are excellent, very high quality prints on thick photographic paper and fit perfectly into a 18”x 12” photo frame, £10 +£pp. they look great on the wall and are a brilliant large size.

let me know if anyone is interested and I will pass it on.

its part of a new range coming out to celebrate 50 years since the fun really started at the Baseball Ground.

C6F24381-CDBB-44BD-BA3F-76F4F4D955F3.jpeg

Excuse me if i’m Being daft but where do you buy Ramtique things from? Are they on eBay?

i’m doing up my dining room at the moment and if I can hang one of these before the mrs notices...

41 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Excuse me if i’m Being daft but where do you buy Ramtique things from? Are they on eBay?

i’m doing up my dining room at the moment and if I can hang one of these before the mrs notices...

Ramtique is a collective of people looking to revive the memories of days gone by, things will be available very soon so watch this space, initially from eBay I think, the posters look great, I bought a frame from amazon for them and they finish them off a treat !

21 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

#Oh, By the light (By the light, by the light...)

I'd like a nice big poster depicting all 16 goals (on aggregate) v Finn Harps please!  Heady Days! 

Still remember the devastating feeling I got after my first euro failure experience, v AEK Athens (in the next round, presumably?)

Haha! I popped to the loo and missed two goals in the home game. Was just having a moan about it when we scored the next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the guys at Ramtique have commissioned 100 replica medals to be made to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of winning the second division championship, this is with permission from the club, they are the same size and weight and are also individually numbered ! All for £20.

i got mine yesterday, pictured below and also Peter Taylor’s original medal to compare with.

they make an excellent gift or just a keepsake.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254037698538

4F416C1A-17DE-4059-937F-0E1A6B6B9453.jpeg

92F066DF-C9E2-4262-B9CF-16FB59729654.jpeg

Archived