Forest at home moved to the Monday

RiddingsRam

Forest game moved to Monday 17th December   

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

I am going on my own for this one, which is what it is ?

I'm not a moaning fan but -- I don't remember prices for non-season ticket holders being very expensive for this fixture last season? Checked this morning and seats in the East stand, several blocks away from the travelling fans were £47 with booking fee.

Friends of mine simply can't afford it before Christmas. Return train into Derby from Sawley about £4.90, plus £15-20 on drinks, plus £47 total ticket price meant it would be costing over £60. 

You could save 15-20 quid by not drinking. Or 10-15 quid and neck a bottle of wine/some tins.

So my lucky escape for this fixture came today.

Several moons back the missus wanted tickets to see the band Travis for her birthday; not my cup of tea but hey brownie points and all that. Yesterday she asked where are said tickets, knowing full well it was sometime in December. To my shock, on rooting them out and about to say here love, all safe, the date is 17th December ? in Nottingham of all places.

Spent all day grovelling to her mates, for one of them to take my spare and allow me to get to the game. Relief tonight, her niece has stepped in for a freebie, with me paying petrol.

Panic over, but like a few others wallet lighter. Thanks Sky......though I never really wanted to see Travis anyway ?

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Several moons back the missus wanted tickets to see the band Travis for her birthday; not my cup of tea but hey brownie points and all that. Yesterday she asked where are said tickets, knowing full well it was sometime in December. To my shock, on rooting them out and about to say here love, all safe, the date is 17th December ? in Nottingham of all places.

Spent all day grovelling to her mates, for one of them to take my spare and allow me to get to the game. Relief tonight, her niece has stepped in for a freebie, with me paying petrol.

Panic over, but like a few others wallet lighter. Thanks Sky......though I never really wanted to see Travis anyway ?

Travis first album was good. Then they went dull. All I wanna do is rock is a top tune.

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Would have been a Travisty if you'd have missed the game. Nice body swerve. ?

10 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Whilst they were saying no did you think "why does it always rain on me?"

If you didn't get anyone to go would you sing? Or would you be like driftwood?

Are you going to have to put some flowers in the window for her? 

Sorry lots of questions, I'm just writing to reach you. 

(that about reaches then end of my Travis song knowledge) 

14 hours ago, rynny said:

Whilst they were saying no did you think "why does it always rain on me?"

If you didn't get anyone to go would you sing? Or would you be like driftwood?

Are you going to have to put some flowers in the window for her? 

Sorry lots of questions, I'm just writing to reach you. 

(that about reaches then end of my Travis song knowledge) 

Is she an U16 girl?

No fan of Monday matches normally, but I'm an A&E nurse and no chuffer wanted my Saturday overnight shift.  But swapped my Monday for a late on Friday 21st...easy money ?. Leave booked for the Tuesday, daughter happy to throw a Monday sickie at college and best mate signed up, so three more bums on seats. The credit card has had to soak up the £124......I know I could have printed them for nowt, but I love seeing some proper tickets on the window sill before I head out to work.

On 10/11/2018 at 01:27, jagerbob said:

How have we allowed this to happen to our game? That we let sky sports rule the EPL, the EFL and the FA?!!?
If this was in Germany not only would they be protests, but by now if they weren't listening they would demand a dialogue with the DFB, and finally there would be strike action.

this country is pathetic.

Simple. You put someone in charge of drawing up the contract, then he negotiates the contract and then leaves with a £5,000,000 bonus.

Not bad work if you can get it

On 14/11/2018 at 17:30, sawley_ram said:

I am going on my own for this one, which is what it is ?

I'm not a moaning fan but -- I don't remember prices for non-season ticket holders being very expensive for this fixture last season? Checked this morning and seats in the East stand, several blocks away from the travelling fans were £47 with booking fee.

Friends of mine simply can't afford it before Christmas. Return train into Derby from Sawley about £4.90, plus £15-20 on drinks, plus £47 total ticket price meant it would be costing over £60. 

Don't drink so much ?

Archived