FM 2019

ramsbottom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got inspired by this thread and downloaded the demo. The first impression is a positive surprise, the game has actually improved in the last few years.

First couple matches show that Lampard should've gone the same ways as I did: Aaron Lennon and Wilson on the wing and Assombalonga up front with Marriott are scoring for fun in this division.

Wonder why he didn't sign Lennon and Assombalonga too?! ?‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Got inspired by this thread and downloaded the demo. The first impression is a positive surprise, the game has actually improved in the last few years.

First couple matches show that Lampard should've gone the same ways as I did: Aaron Lennon and Wilson on the wing and Assombalonga up front with Marriott are scoring for fun in this division.

Wonder why he didn't sign Lennon and Assombalonga too?! ?‍♂️

Why is Marriott good for everyone apart from me? Playing him as a ‘pressing forward’ in the same formation that we play and he’s been terrible. The same applies to Mason Mount, either as a ‘mezalla’ or an ‘advanced playmaker’.

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Why is Marriott good for everyone apart from me? Playing him as a ‘pressing forward’ in the same formation that we play and he’s been terrible. The same applies to Mason Mount, either as a ‘mezalla’ or an ‘advanced playmaker’.

Maybe they just don’t like you?

22 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

TBF, he was pudding all the way through pre-season, I only stuck him in against Reading cus Nugent's injured and Waghorn isn't a good PF or AF.  It doesn't help when you play against packed defenses either, he appears to prefer getting in behind.  Most of my goals are coming from the wingers or midfield

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It was a bit of sarcasm, in relation to dressing room gate & drone gate.  Don't worry, I'm a fan...

Imagine a couple of years ago if on football manager you got a notification to say the chairman had been spying on team training sessions using a drone.

You'd dismiss the game as being ridiculously unrealistic.

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

Imagine a couple of years ago if on football manager you got a notification to say the chairman had been spying on team training sessions using a drone.

You'd dismiss the game as being ridiculously unrealistic.

Or visitors to the training ground were unhappy cus there were no sausages on the menu

21 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

For me, Marriott has 5 games, 7 goals and assist, 8.14. I play with two strikers, both AF.

Mount plays as mezalla as the other CM. 5 games, 1 goal and 2 assist. 7,56.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Marriott’s been alright on my save, nothing special though. Scored 13 in his first season. I tried signing him for Sunderland purely due to my pure love for the man, but Derby wanted £16m.

Seeing as you’re a uni student though I expect you’re already in 2048 and Marriott has long retired.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Marriott’s been alright on my save, nothing special though. Scored 13 in his first season. I tried signing him for Sunderland purely due to my pure love for the man, but Derby wanted £16m.

Seeing as you’re a uni student though I expect you’re already in 2048 and Marriott has long retired.

Two years ago, you would have been right. I'm actually trying to do my work though so there isn't too much time for FM.

The best I ever did was getting Portsmouth consecutive promotions and establishing them as a mid-table Premier League club. My longest save was about 9 years at Southampton, where I qualified for the Champions League and came second in the league multiple times, but couldn't quite drag us over the line. Man United were far too good on FM16.

I bought it 2 season's ago on iPad. 

I couldn't bring Martin back from Fulham, so made do with James Wilson up front. Won every game handsomely until the second international break, have never opened it since.

Cooking Nigel Pearson.

41 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I bought it 2 season's ago on iPad. 

I couldn't bring Martin back from Fulham, so made do with James Wilson up front. Won every game handsomely until the second international break, have never opened it since.

Cooking Nigel Pearson.

The iPad version compared to the computer version is like James Bailey compared to Andrea Pirlo.

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It's a shame there's no difficulty option in this game. This novice level is boring.

Jack Marriott, 21 games 28 goals and 5 assists...

Used to be, but it was tied to your experience as manager, if you go in as World Class all the players will think you’re the bees knees and perform better for you....unless you was a complete Paul Jewell about it

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it on the iPad and not only is it buggy but a tad unrealistic.

1D3BB5FE-1447-48E6-815D-D7A6208F5BDC.jpeg

Bit of a legend after one season 

EA60FBF4-92FC-4575-B3C7-D4ADD613B1E4.jpeg

Lost a few games in March which saw me drop from 1st to 5th, turned it around and finished 2nd a point behind Stoke.

Here’s where the bugs start.

Agreed a deal for a Man Utd kid that’s out of contract, said he would join and everything. Then nothing, the date passed and nowhere to be seen, found him in the free agents list but no button to offer a contract.

I moved on and bid for Ake, made an enquiry, they wanted £5.5m which I thought was reasonable, offered it and they complained it was below their valuation of £18m. I just clicked offer again and they accepted.

Then nothing.

No contract talks, nothing.

Did this 3 or 4 times until I changed the offer, Calum Guy + £2m, they agreed, and contract talks started straight away, signed.

Next I sold Huddlestone to Blackburn, they were the only club to make an offer. Tapped sold and he joined Forest instead.

Will be in good company as they also signed Pearce, Anya and Forsyth.

Only a handful of games into the Prem season now, sat 8th, got a team full of loanees, Tomori, Abraham, Tom Davies, Joe Willock, Harvey Barnes, Fosu-Mensah 

£50m in the bank to spend and valuations have gone sky high, Elsnik is worth £9m now apparently after one first team start in the cup.

Its all a bit unrealistic and easy for my liking, think for any enjoyment out of this game you have to start at the bottom, League 2 or Vanarama with a rubbish team

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

My annual struggle with Derby continues. Just lost 3-2 at home to bottom-of-the-league Norwich to complete a run of 5 games without a win. Sat in 14th with 15 points from 11 games. Why do I put myself through this every year?

ducking hell, that'll be that idiot Clough not reading the scouting reports again?

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

My annual struggle with Derby continues. Just lost 3-2 at home to bottom-of-the-league Norwich to complete a run of 5 games without a win. Sat in 14th with 15 points from 11 games. Why do I put myself through this every year?

Buy it on mobile. Not sure even you can fail.

2E8364D8-C137-461D-B95E-789F6239DFC8.jpeg

Archived