Ridiculous Ticket price

BatRam

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Lots of answers, and not just about ticket prices.

There is space in the North Stand every game and it's the family stand, so it makes sense to giving special deals to families. Youngsters are the ones who drive a lot of spend in the ground - food, drink, programme, club shop. 

And at the same time you're attracting the next generation of supporter.

Mel's U12 season ticket policy has been brilliant, As a result he now has one extra paying teenage fan and as of next season, two, that he would never had had had he not introduced cheap ST for U12. 

Would be interesting to see what % go from having the 'free' season ticket to being paying season ticket holders.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would be interesting to see what % go from having the 'free' season ticket to being paying season ticket holders.

I agree. A straw poll of 3 - my youngest and two of his mates who also fall into that bracket, returns at 100% making the step up.

But I don't think that's overly scientific. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So far, it's 66.6/33.3 to the good!   LOL!

Oops... Missed VR's last response... make that 75/25 to the good!  Early days yet, mind! 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically they were free...  it was the junior membership wotsit that was cheap (£30)!

Sincere congratulations, however, on getting not one, but two young 'un's interested.

To my utter shame and embarrassment, after 5 seasons, I have failed miserably trying to get my grandson hooked (or even mildly interested would have sufficed!).  He's 13 next week, and had his last freebie ST last season. 

The upshot is, I now have plenty of room, being in an aisle seat, with just one (formerly my grandson's) empty seat next to me (every game so far this season!  Yippee!)  I'm otherwise surrounded by regular/returning STH's, and nobody likes a single seat on it's own!  

Indeed but very technically as you couldn't have one without the other!

I really doubt whether my eldest, who'll be sixteen soon, would have become the crazy obsessed fan he is had it not been for the offer as for the first couple of seasons he wasn't that bothered - and I doubt I would have carried on paying, but seeing as it was free (technically) we did, he turned and will be a fan for life.

Thanks Mel!

Archived