Ridiculous Ticket price

BatRam

12 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

If you can afford one. If you can’t and can only afford 1/2 a season as a treat, £37 is too much.

Obviously this isn’t so much a problem with Derby more a problem in football in general 

Appreciate £37 squid isn't cheap especially when factoring cost of travel and some thing to eat ect. However if we want good players/ managers some one has to help pay for it. Rather pay £37 and see a performance like sat than £20 ish for some of the drab we were dished up last season 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, MK said:

We don't compare too badly to be fair (if this is up to date). Interesting that the red dogs are above us, that must be the first time for a while?

image.png.9663cc134318783974663a5bd1e298c3.png

Probably by virtue of some very reasonable season ticket pricing. Begrudging credit to them. 

I have to say, I've been surprised the Lampard (or, lack of Rowett) effect hasn't seen attendances recover, especially when we've only lost 1 at home. Think Brum was our best home attendance this season?

13 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Theres never been a more exciting time to be a rams fan. And im completely in love with the team , how we play and the performances we've been putting in.

BUT...

i had to pay £37 to watch Derby vs birmingham city.

i know to be a big club you need to charge higher prices to get the better players/wages.

But people simply cant afford £37 every week and the nose dive in attendance is prob the result of the high ticket price. 

In my opinion £20-£25 would be better 

It's a tricky one - Personally I think the drop in attendance since has been more to do with the football being played by Clement, Pearson and Rowett than anything else

I pay about £80 a game to watch Derby (season ticket holder, live in London) but I know I'm privileged (and daft) to be able to afford that - But if my financial situation changed I'd have to stop going regardless of having been a ST holder for 25 years

The comparison I'd make is gigs - Kaiser Chiefs at Birmingham O2 is about £40 a ticket - I checked a few to see who was comparably priced - I think they're a good band but probably not 'Premier League' quality - And if you wanted to go to a gig of that quality every other week you'd probably pay that much - However, if you wanted to go to a different gig (maybe a less popular band that you like) the tickets are cheaper - So you could go watch Chesterfield or Burton IF all you want is football

The problem is Loyalty - As fans we say "well I'm not going to watch Burton, I'm a Derby fan" - The problem is, the ticket prices for Derby are set to 'Kaiser Chiefs' level - Not 'Jimmy Eat World' level (happened to notice they were £25 at Rock City) - Because that's the correct blend of quality vs demand pricing

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't believe you have to accept it, but wonder if the way we're playing and our place in the league, would we have sold out with cheaper prices? And so perhaps more pies & pints, etc? How much of the £37 seat price is already spent on 'running the stadium' anyway ie what is the break even point?

I'm sure this argument about comes up in every ticket price thread and every time it has to be pointed out that the catering is outsourced so it makes no difference to the club how many pies or pints are sold.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Keeping the numbers very simple:

If you cut prices by just £5 average on a 25000 gate then you lose £125000.

To recoup that at say a new average ticket price of £20 (including seniors, kids and cheap seats)you need an extra 6000 on the gate. That is basically a full house every match. It isn't going to happen.

Youre not taking into account the fact that most of the average gate are the 20k season ticket holders, who all pay a fixed rate.

This season we have averaged 4-5k individual match ticket home fans (away fans are irrelevant they just bring what they bring)

So reducing the average price by £7 (say from £32 to £25) costs  £31.5k (4500 x 7) but if we got just 2k extra fans paying  £25

that would bring in £50k

50k - 31.5k is 18.5k better off

50 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Probably by virtue of some very reasonable season ticket pricing. Begrudging credit to them. 

I have to say, I've been surprised the Lampard (or, lack of Rowett) effect hasn't seen attendances recover, especially when we've only lost 1 at home. Think Brum was our best home attendance this season?

Didn't Mel say that attendances were inflated due to the addiction of none attending season ticket holders etc. If the figures being quoted now are real and previous ones 1000-3000 overstated then current attendance figures aren't that bad.

18 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Didn't Mel say that attendances were inflated due to the addiction of none attending season ticket holders etc. If the figures being quoted now are real and previous ones 1000-3000 overstated then current attendance figures aren't that bad.

Obviously that should read "addition" and not "addiction" ?

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

That’s a shame! I’ve always wanted an addiction and I thought I might manage being a non attending season ticket holder - especially when the weather gets colder and  railway works are still adding an hour each way! ?

(P.S. I’m not suggesting addiction is a laughing matter - I worked in mental health services and saw the destruction it could cause)

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

That certainly was the official line.

Numbers apart though, it is easy to see from the number of empty seats that attendances are down.

Surprising given the FL factor and the style of football showcased against United and Chelsea but can't say I'm too fussed. 

We will see how many empty seats there are against Forest and when we are in the Premier League next season...that will give an indication of how many are staying away due to pricing! 

16 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Not always true these days. The huge amounts of money from tv revenues dwarfs the money coming in from ticket sales.

Plus it isnt £37 per week on average we only play  half to time at home so in the main it costs £37 a fortnight if you dont travel away

3 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Youre not taking into account the fact that most of the average gate are the 20k season ticket holders, who all pay a fixed rate.

This season we have averaged 4-5k individual match ticket home fans (away fans are irrelevant they just bring what they bring)

So reducing the average price by £7 (say from £32 to £25) costs  £31.5k (4500 x 7) but if we got just 2k extra fans paying  £25

that would bring in £50k

50k - 31.5k is 18.5k better off

You say away fans are irrelevant, but using your figures on Saturday would have seen 3000 Brum fans paying 21k less, so the club could argue they've hit the sweet spot on price Vs attendance.

Rankles a bit to see Forest above us in attendances, Leeds and Villa fair enough but the Red Dogs! We have a good chance to get the average up with 2 big draws out of 3 for the next 3 home games. Numbers should be near 30k+ for Villa if Brum is anything to go by and you'd hope we'd sell out or near to for Forest if we maintain good form. Hopefully we can can sneak into 3rd after the next 3 home games!

Clearly the expensive tickets are hitting the group who can least afford it ie families with young kids. Is it worth this forum making representation to the club to see if something can be done to help the home supporters? I’m sure there’s someone out there who can come up with an innovative idea

11 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Rankles a bit to see Forest above us in attendances, Leeds and Villa fair enough but the Red Dogs! We have a good chance to get the average up with 2 big draws out of 3 for the next 3 home games. Numbers should be near 30k+ for Villa if Brum is anything to go by and you'd hope we'd sell out or near to for Forest if we maintain good form. Hopefully we can can sneak into 3rd after the next 3 home games!

The dogs season ticket offering, particularly the younger age groups was really cheap, I think they've added a healthy amount to their gates.

(You'll noticed I said cheap, not good value!)

10 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

Clearly the expensive tickets are hitting the group who can least afford it ie families with young kids. Is it worth this forum making representation to the club to see if something can be done to help the home supporters? I’m sure there’s someone out there who can come up with an innovative idea

Make the north stand cheap, bring a kid for a quid or likewise, get it full and encourage families at the same time. Then they can relocate from the south stand and have the south stand for what it was designed for. IE vocal, lively fans and not just people turning up because it’s cheap 

6 hours ago, richinspain said:

Lampard football is most definitely addictive. I'm mainlining it.

58 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

I do think that’s the case. If I still had to pay for my son and grandchildren we would not get to many matches. Certainly wouldn’t be able to afford the outlay for season tickets- not a viable option anyway as my son often works Saturdays. Even only getting to a few matches per season, they’re very enthusiastic and would love to go to more.Unfortunately, that means me spending too much in the club shop for Christmas!

59 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

It's all well and good people coming up with ideas about ticket prices but who is it that is going to be funding the reductions?

The club is already loss making so any reductions to income are going to increase losses which have to be funded somehow (capital injection from MM or sale of players).

Based on the fact that everyone wants us to remain competitive, fans will be unhappy selling our star player every year.

If fans are really desperate for prices to be reduced they need to go after the head of the snake rather than the tail. Lobbying individual clubs is very unlikely to work because clubs realise reducing their income potentially makes them less competitive than their rivals.

Now lobbying the EFL for blanket reductions I would be in favour of.

Nor would I be opposed to the introduction of a family price ticket ie £70 for 2 adults/2 kids say.

51 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Make the north stand cheap, bring a kid for a quid or likewise, get it full and encourage families at the same time. Then they can relocate from the south stand and have the south stand for what it was designed for. IE vocal, lively fans and not just people turning up because it’s cheap 

Why make the North Stand cheap? How is that fair on East/West Stand? Why not just put South Stand back up to normal price?

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I believe gates are now actual bums on seats, and no longer include season ticket no shows.

Archived