Ridiculous Ticket price

BatRam

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

How much does Sky cost you a year? More or less than a season ticket? Genuine question as I have no idea.

Mine is discounted and costs £65 a month for Sky and I think we pay a fiver for BT,but I thought that was free.

I’m going to try and get it down to 50 quid this year(haggle).

We have Sky in 5 rooms and on 4 devices,for the money we pay we get great value out of it.

I reckon we watched 16 hours of sport this weekend.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree. I fancied going to the Villa game but tickets are priced at £39-£41 each. I live in London and would have to undertake a 250 mile round trip and eat. I would get no change out of £100  on my own and no change out of £200 of I took my wife and son. On that basis a visit is difficult to justify. I went to QPR and thought that was expensive at £31!

9 hours ago, TomSaint said:

In reply to people saying season tickets, i work 2 separate shifts mornings and lates so i cant get in the week and i cant go at the weekend most of the time as im in a hard rock band so i cant go to loads of games.

i know mel morris splashes out every transfer window so im not suprised hes had to bump up the tickets but £37 is ridiculous haha

I agree 37 quid is too much,but you’ve either got to accept it or not go.

When we look at it and the cost isn’t a massive issue to us due to other factors,I consider the club,it’s ethics and what it and the owner is trying to do(that’s the kind of crap you think about when your nearly 50).

I think overall as a group of fans we are treated fairly and with respect by the club.

You could be a Sheffield Wednesday fan or a Stoke fan...??????.

You’ve raised a fair point and I think if we got to 40 quid that would be ridiculous.

Lets have a look at the band then please,there’s a thread somewhere in the pub.

You’d better be in AC/DC at least ?

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I agree 37 quid is too much,but you’ve either got to accept it or not go.

I don't believe you have to accept it, but wonder if the way we're playing and our place in the league, would we have sold out with cheaper prices? And so perhaps more pies & pints, etc? How much of the £37 seat price is already spent on 'running the stadium' anyway ie what is the break even point?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't believe you have to accept it, but wonder if the way we're playing and our place in the league, would we have sold out with cheaper prices? And so perhaps more pies & pints, etc? How much of the £37 seat price is already spent on 'running the stadium' anyway ie what is the break even point?

I think a lot depends on your circumstances.

I know for a fact that the club closely monitors opinions on prices and is generally good at acting on it.

My suggestion would be to offer a voucher off something?

If you need to charge 35 or 40 quid on the day put a 5 voucher on it for a 15 quid spend on the concourse(or something along those lines).

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

35 quid each in upper west stand.

have no problem with it particularly as the entertainment was good. It’s about 130 quid round trip so a fiver off isn’t going to move the dial much.

my main issue is it takes out more or less all Saturday so I get behind with Mrs Hants’ task lists and have to endure a manic Sunday? 

I’m so crap at stuff I don’t get a list anymore.

I just get a bollocking at the start of the day,saves any stress.

Keeping the numbers very simple:

If you cut prices by just £5 average on a 25000 gate then you lose £125000.

To recoup that at say a new average ticket price of £20 (including seniors, kids and cheap seats)you need an extra 6000 on the gate. That is basically a full house every match. It isn't going to happen.

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

I tend to agree. I fancied going to the Villa game but tickets are priced at £39-£41 each. I live in London and would have to undertake a 250 mile round trip and eat. I would get no change out of £100  on my own and no change out of £200 of I took my wife and son. On that basis a visit is difficult to justify. I went to QPR and thought that was expensive at £31!

If you know any season ticket holder you can get a seat for £20

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you know any season ticket holder you can get a seat for £20

And you can take your own pack up. No-one forces anyone to buy the over-priced fast food. We go to 23 away games a season and only spend money on tickets, fuel and parking - if we have to.

I do sometimes splash out on a cuppa at the ground as tea is awful from a flask! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

And you can take your own pack up. No-one forces anyone to buy the over-priced fast food. We go to 23 away games a season and only spend money on tickets, fuel and parking - if we have to.

I do sometimes splash out on a cuppa at the ground as tea is awful from a flask! 

Loving the "angieram guide to football fandom on a budget" ?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Point taken. But I still think the ticket prices for the Villa game are on the high side. I note Middlesborough's attendances are low at an average of around 22.500. How do we compare price wise against other championship clubs?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well said.

Me and mate had a burger in The Yard which I thought was fine and a couple of quid cheaper than our local pub, which i'd have probably gone to if we hadn't come up for the match. The only grumble with the Yard was that the bar staff were so busy pulling pints, we'd finished eating the food before the coffee and lime&soda we'd ordered BEFORE the food arrived?

But you're right - could easily have bought some stuff with us. Because of driving, we're only having non-alcohol so don't notice the beer prices.

15 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Point taken. But I still think the ticket prices for the Villa game are on the high side. I note Middlesborough's attendances are low at an average of around 22.500. How do we compare price wise against other championship clubs?

We don't compare too badly to be fair (if this is up to date). Interesting that the red dogs are above us, that must be the first time for a while?

image.png.9663cc134318783974663a5bd1e298c3.png

Archived