Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

There was a DET poll this week with almost half the fan base wanting Davies and Tomori. Interesting that Davies has been dropped:

”More than 500 responded, and 49% want to see a Davies and Tomori pairing while 35% would prefer a Keogh and Tomori partnership.

The pairing that played in the win against Birmingham, Keogh and Davies, received only eight per cent of the votes.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/asked-Derby-county-fans-preferred-2200484

Shows how daft some people can be - must be the Keogh bashers in the 49%

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

There was a DET poll this week with almost half the fan base wanting Davies and Tomori. Interesting that Davies has been dropped:

”More than 500 responded, and 49% want to see a Davies and Tomori pairing while 35% would prefer a Keogh and Tomori partnership.

The pairing that played in the win against Birmingham, Keogh and Davies, received only eight per cent of the votes.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/asked-Derby-county-fans-preferred-2200484

Not sure which pairing I’d go for in all honesty.

Weve got 3 very good CB options. Keogh gets a rough ride from our fans which explains that poll!

When someone suggested Butters on the bench due to our injured midfield, I meant to say it would be Bird ahead of him. Hope we score first and keep a clean sheet! It will be huge to go into the next international break with a win - the lads can't afford to leave anything out there on the pitch.

Come on you Rams! ?

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not sure which pairing I’d go for in all honesty.

Weve got 3 very good CB options. Keogh gets a rough ride from our fans which explains that poll!

Yeah it’s a nice problem to have. For me, Davies/Tomori is the last pairing I’d choose. Keogh has the experience and ability to drive us forward and keep us focused on a gameplan of playing out from the back. Tomori has the same set of skills, but I wouldn’t put the responsibility solely on him if he was paired with Davies. You either need Keogh to guide and support Tomori as they play the same game, or have Keogh be the sole ball player in a Keogh/Davies partnership. 

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah it’s a nice problem to have. For me, Davies/Tomori is the last pairing I’d choose. Keogh has the experience and ability to drive us forward and keep us focused on a gameplan of playing out from the back. Tomori has the same set of skills, but I wouldn’t put the responsibility solely on him if he was paired with Davies. You either need Keogh to guide and support Tomori as they play the same game, or have Keogh be the sole ball player in a Keogh/Davies partnership. 

The only problem with this is you don’t want to be chopping and changing the CB pairing too much!

Consistency builds understanding!

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Great chance for Villa. Carson's ball out goes straight into the Villa midfield, a cross to the back post sees two Villa players free at the back post but fortunately the header goes over.

People talk about Keogh having one mistake in him a game.... but blimey, Carson seems to be the one with his dodgy clearances...?

First 20 gone and it's been quite a good game actually, despite no clear opportunities for either side. Villa have had a go, they look good, dangerous in attack and then organised when we have the ball. We haven't been playing badly by any means, but it's far from the dominating performance we've been used to at home recently.

For us, Holmes is looking really good again.

Archived