Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a rest bite this week and hopefully should be able to keep the momentum going. If we play like we have been doing I think this could be a comfortable win with a few players wanting to add to their goal tally.An excellent opportunity to push ourselves into the top 3, and that should be motivation enough for the lads today.Let's get behind them,Villa won't be easy to beat but I think once we get the first we can really show our intent and class in this leauge. Good luck lads let's do the business and put villa where they belong,mid table.?

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Had a rest bite this week and hopefully should be able to keep the momentum going. If we play like we have been doing I think this could be a comfortable win with a few players wanting to add to their goal tally.An excellent opportunity to push ourselves into the top 3, and that should be motivation enough for the lads today.Let's get behind them,Villa won't be easy to beat but I think once we get the first we can really show our intent and class in this leauge. Good luck lads let's do the business and put villa where they belong,mid table.?

Is a rest bite a bit like tapas?  

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think this will be a really tough game. Tougher than sheff utd and west brom.

a real test for us today.

Absolutely. Proper football match. Abrahams* is very difficult to snuff out. I would put Tomori back in for this reason...we need speed at the back to keep him out. He’s the danger man. 

* Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham (born 2 October 1997), known as Tammy Abraham. Real name Kevin. Not many people know that. ?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think this will be a really tough game. Tougher than sheff utd and west brom.

a real test for us today.

I agree. Terry surely working on defence. Will be tough but if we can score first we will win today. Other way round and a big battle for us 

5 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Yes , i had an exchange with KP from the ticket office on twitter earlier this season. I had counted all the remaining seats for a game and  saw the ticket office post “27-28K” expected, i commented that there were less than X remaining and that is when KP made the statement that the club do not show all available tickets on the on line booking site. Completely bizarre.

Could this have something to do with their "dynamic demand-based pricing system", i.e. waiting until one batch of seats is sold before releasing the next batch at a higher price?

19 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

He has been the pick of the seniors in the U23s, but didn’t play Wednesday. There’s no Bryson, Mount, Ledley or Evans. Waghorn also out now too. Look at last Saturday’s squad - who comes in? Surely not Wisdom or Pearce as too many defenders. Bird and Sibley both played midweek.

I’m not advocating it, far from it - just think it’s a possibility. 

So no Butters, and I suspect that confirms we’ll never again see him in a (first team) Derby shirt. Bird obviously ok to play midweek and then be on the bench Saturday - I guess he ought to be at his age!

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Definitely think there is more pressure on them to get a result than us considering how adrift they are at the moment. Hopefully that makes them anxious and plays into our hands. Tough game regardless. To coin one of Frank's phrases, we're  gonna have to be "at it" to take the spoils today. COYR.

One thing connected to this that I think will probably play into our hands a bit is they will come to play and come to win. This season we've tended to fair better when that's been the case, it's where the high pressure pressing really comes to the fore. 

Press them high and hard early in the game and we might force that critical error to take the lead.

There was a DET poll this week with almost half the fan base wanting Davies and Tomori. Interesting that Davies has been dropped:

”More than 500 responded, and 49% want to see a Davies and Tomori pairing while 35% would prefer a Keogh and Tomori partnership.

The pairing that played in the win against Birmingham, Keogh and Davies, received only eight per cent of the votes.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/asked-Derby-county-fans-preferred-2200484

Archived