Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

12 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So if I go on line each block has x amount withheld for no particular reason?

Yes , i had an exchange with KP from the ticket office on twitter earlier this season. I had counted all the remaining seats for a game and  saw the ticket office post “27-28K” expected, i commented that there were less than X remaining and that is when KP made the statement that the club do not show all available tickets on the on line booking site. Completely bizarre.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think davies is over-rated. Tomori has been excellent. Can't drop keogh. He brings a quiet calm assurance to everything we do.

Is this a joke?

Keogh has a lot to offer...but calm assurance is not at the top of us skills...its the opppsite to me?

He brings heart, driving out from the back, last ditch tackles and the occasional heart stopping moment...whether you think he deserves to start depends on how much you weight you personally put on the two sides of the scales for his inclusion. 

2 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Yes , i had an exchange with KP from the ticket office on twitter earlier this season. I had counted all the remaining seats for a game and  saw the ticket office post “27-28K” expected, i commented that there were less than X remaining and that is when KP made the statement that the club do not show all available tickets on the on line booking site. Completely bizarre.

F1EF45C6-96E4-4BCF-B3B0-0E84D3476D84.jpeg

I would play Keogh and Tomori. 

Mount, Bryson and Waghorn being out is a bit of a miss but we just about have the squad to cope.

I really would go hard at Villa. They have an expensively assembled squad, good players, high fan expectations, new manager, money to spend...they will definitely be a threat this season. But currently its not quite clicking and they will be cautious and hope to get into the game gradually and then assert their quality players on the game...and my Villa mates happy to take a point.

If we can knock them out their stride we could beat them early on. Also put a huge gap between the two teams and deflate them before the break. 

Carson 

Bogle Tomori Keogh Malone 

Hudds

Wilson Holmes

Lawrence FloJo

Marriott 

I'm quite confident about today. They have a strong team, no doubt, but there are significant weaknesses too. Their goalie has about as grease fingers as Grant had and other than Chester, the defence is hardly among the best in the league. I'm not happy with our RB situation but they have Hutton there... gives you a perspective, right? I do expect Lawrence to give torrid time for him.

From their players, along with Chester, McGinn is a player I like a lot.  Same can not but said about Grealish, who is an as disgusting diver as a player can be. Hopefully, we have a good ref today and he can dive only twice before sending off.

Not gonna be easy, but three points anyway. That'll do.

34 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

That’s just nuts.

Is it possible it has to do with safety...or controlling costs etc.

If they know its not going to be sold out they wouldnt release certain blocks of tickets... so eg next to the away fans they put black netting over a section of seats. Means you don't need to steward it and the ground looks more 'full'...

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Mount, Bryson and Waghorn being out is a bit of a miss but we just about have the squad to cope.

I really would go hard at Villa. They have an expensively assembled squad, good players, high fan expectations, new manager, money to spend...they will definitely be a threat this season. But currently its not quite clicking and they will be cautious and hope to get into the game gradually and then assert their quality players on the game...and my Villa mates happy to take a point.

If we can knock them out their stride we could beat them early on. Also put a huge gap between the two teams and deflate them before the break. 

Carson 

Hudds

Wilson Holmes

Lawrence FloJo

Marriott 

Forsyth has 3 assists in the last 2 games @Chester40 do not sure why you’ve got Malone in, Sir?

I'm as calm as a Hindu cow today. I'm expecting a 3 or 4 - 1 scoreline. Frank can rotate them left backs and centre halves as he sees fit and the Holmes/Johnson and Zoon/Bennett choices are all ok with me :).

I want Butterfield on the pitch at some point though. I want him on and i want him to score a worldy.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Carson 

Hudds

Wilson Holmes

Lawrence FloJo

Marriott 

Carson

Bogle Davis Keogh Forsyth

Hudders

Wilson Tomori

Bennett Marriott Lawrence

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm as calm as a Hindu cow today. I'm expecting a 3 or 4 - 1 scoreline. Frank can rotate them left backs and centre halves as he sees fit and the Holmes/Johnson and Zoon/Bennett choices are all ok with me :).

I want Butterfield on the pitch at some point though. I want him on and i want him to score a worldy.

#spreadthebutterlylove we've been crying out for someone to slow down this sleak attacking football. 

8 minutes ago, Ramos said:

#spreadthebutterlylove we've been crying out for someone to slow down this sleak attacking football. 

Pretty much anyone who plays looks good these days. Probably because we have a manager who motivates the players and gets them playing a system that suits them and is enjoyable to play in. If Butters does play anytime soon, I would be unsurprised if he looked good.

On the tickets thing, surely part of it is having enough tickets as "buffer" so the ticket office and website function smoothly together and I guess the other part is trying to manipulte perception "lots of people want tickets but you can still get yours" - anyone remember when a couple of seasons ago the phrase "secure your seat" translated as "there's loads of tickets available"?

Anyway, optimistic about today, not over confident, it's against a team with good players and a new good manager who are capable of scoring past us, but they'll try to play so we'll probably score as well.

50 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Same here. I read the Sky Sports preview and it said this; 

Aston Villa forward Jack Marriott has been directly involved in seven goals in his last six Championship appearances

he's a good player from what I've seen and I expect him to have Keogh and Tomori in knots.

4-1 to The Villa. 

Archived