Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

When you play as poorly as we did in the second half and for some of the first then you can't moan about the result, ref or weather. You don't deserve to win and should be grateful for any points. 

The ref didn't beat us 3-0 and set up wave after wave of attack for Villa.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely love how staunch you are in support of the lads B4, but I think it's stretching it somewhat to suggest that the ref played a part in more than one of the goals. Even then, Villa were pretty good value for the final score. Doesn't make us a bad team bit we need to be a but gracious in defeat as other teams' fans have been when we've given them a pasting. It was a game that concerned me as I thought it was one that could go either way, a convincing win or the opposite but nothing in between. Hopefully it's more than in part down to a very hectic schedule and a few key personnel being missing. Hopefully 'normal service' will be resumed when we play the Wendies. COYR 

On 15/11/2018 at 14:20, 86 points said:

Genuinely love how staunch you are in support of the lads B4, but I think it's stretching it somewhat to suggest that the ref played a part in more than one of the goals. Even then, Villa were pretty good value for the final score. Doesn't make us a bad team bit we need to be a but gracious in defeat as other teams' fans have been when we've given them a pasting. It was a game that concerned me as I thought it was one that could go either way, a convincing win or the opposite but nothing in between. Hopefully it's more than in part down to a very hectic schedule and a few key personnel being missing. Hopefully 'normal service' will be resumed when we play the Wendies. COYR 

I agree with you, 86. His poor performance, and in particular a succession of poor decisions, definitely led to the first goal, which was the tipping point. We were already struggling by then both by not upping our pace, and being frustrated that we ween'[t allowed to get near to Villa players, but once the goal went in, our heads went down. Villa were already playing better than us, but from then onwards, there was only one team in it.

But we move on. We can't change anything, except our approach to the rest of the season, and hopefully we will cope better with the next crap ref (or succession therof), because we will get them, and carry on regardless. We have beaten teams of 12, 13 and 14 before, we can do it again. And I don't expect us to be so lethargic in future games.

Archived