Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

We haven't got a proper foothold in the game yet, Marriott has barely had a touch in the final third so in that sense Villa are doing very well.

I'd be happy to get into the break level and then see another second half masterclass.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big opportunity for us to take the lead. We go route one for the first time in the game and Marriott's tenacity sees him get between two Villa defenders, unfortunately he's maybe a little too close to the goal and Nyland closes down his shot. Immediately after, Wilson's shot from the rebound is blocked off the line from Chester and then in the same move his shot is well tipped over for a corner.

Three golden opportunities, all from one simple long ball.

Every time I've seen Villa's keeper, albeit mainly in highlights, he's looked very dodgy. Thought I'd pay a quick visit to the Villa forum to see if he's having the usual "game of his life" against us, and they can't believe it's the same guy in goal.

Still think he can be got at. Any corners we get I'd put them on top of him with someone on his toes, he's definitely got a mistake in him...

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The players are gonna be feeling this one tomorrow morning. Forsyth and Marriott have both had kicks to their face, Tomori has had an issue with his ankle, Carson got a wack when diving low for a cross and both Huddlestone and Wilson went down after being caught off the ball 

Glad of the international break....for once.

Archived