Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

Saturday November 10th KO 1500 @ Pride Park Stadium

Great job by the Rams yesterday in getting very important 3 points against Brum.I thought Holmes was very good especially in the second half and Marriott continues to impress.

Same starting xi for me and I have faith we will continue our good play and get the 3 points.Something special about this team I feel it.

My lady Toya's son's 8th birthday is Saturday so of course bought him a Ram shirt to watch this one.Starting him young☺?

COYR?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do our Chelsea boys come back in? For Mount it will depend on his injury. If he's fit he'll play, desperate to be back in the England squad during the International break. 

Thoughtful comments from @angieramin another thread about Keogh/Davies/Tomori. Tomori's pace and ball playing is a huge asset in terms of how we play, but Davies is a fine defender (though the Birmingham goal was his error).

Now Villa have a decent manager they will start climbing the table. Come the end of the season, what happens in this game might prove decisive. We have to be on top form. I would love a clean sheet. I think Lampard will stick with Davies (partly because he's ex-Villa) so we might get one, but it will make us less fluid. 

After the run of games we've had it's great for the team to have a clear week to prepare. Given the professionalism of the management, I'm pretty sure we'll see the benefit.

COYR ?

A great game to look forward to, two teams who both will try and play football, that's why we will win, 2-0, we are the best footballing team in the football league, also hoping this one sells out, we deserve to be playing in front of a full stadium, this is the best football we have been playing for years, let's all enjoy the ride.

On 04/11/2018 at 14:48, Carl Sagan said:

Do our Chelsea boys come back in? For Mount it will depend on his injury. If he's fit he'll play, desperate to be back in the England squad during the International break. 

Thoughtful comments from @angieramin another thread about Keogh/Davies/Tomori. Tomori's pace and ball playing is a huge asset in terms of how we play, but Davies is a fine defender (though the Birmingham goal was his error).

Now Villa have a decent manager they will start climbing the table. Come the end of the season, what happens in this game might prove decisive. We have to be on top form. I would love a clean sheet. I think Lampard will stick with Davies (partly because he's ex-Villa) so we might get one, but it will make us less fluid. 

After the run of games we've had it's great for the team to have a clear week to prepare. Given the professionalism of the management, I'm pretty sure we'll see the benefit.

COYR ?

Excellent post, Carl. ?

Its obvious that Villa are going to be in it come the season finale, hopefully we will be playing them

before the new management team are able to make an impact, cause it's just a matter of time. Think

we will have too much for them yet, and could be another 3-1 or similar.?

Simple maths but a point worth making nonetheless: If we beat Villa they will be ten points behind us with over a third of the season gone. I believe that it would be difficult for them to claw that back if we maintain our current form. If we lose, it becomes four points and that they could certainly do.

Would be good to win this one and go into the international break with the whole club buzzing. COYR.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Villa have one major advantage for this game, their manager has already seen us play very well when his very good Brentford side were beaten 3-1 by the Rams so it will be intresting how he plays his newly acquired villa players

Got to agree with the above and also will John Terry be telling all of our franks/Jodys secrets. After a great couple of weeks this is another tough one, probably liked to have played any other than villa. That said, if we are going to take this league, let's start Saturday against one of the best squads in the league.

21 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Saturday pre match in the Silk Mill. You are all very welcome to come and buy us a load of beer and a load of them bar snacks!

We'll be over the road in SportsBar watching the mouthwatering...

Cardiff ?  v Brighton ? match ?

...if you wanna buy us a beer! ?

Archived