Lee Camp

Poynton ram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made some great saves in the first half, annoyingly as we could have been 2-3 up at the break rather than 1-0 down, but he undid all his hard work with that third goal. I thought the second goal was soft, but the deflection meant he had no chance with it. He was certainly under the cosh in the second half with the south stand on his back. 

7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Can’t beleive he still plays at this level. Awful keeper. Marriotts goal should never have gone in. Arguably neither should have Wilson’s free kick. He’s such a cocky twit too. 

Let’s be right here, he is definitely not an awful keeper. 

I like Campy I don’t think he asked his dad to ring up the radio. He also made some good saves today. 

I think he was at fault for the 2nd goal he should have either covered the post or got someone to cover it. The third was a bit of a rooster up but I have just seen Spurs score one very similar against Wolves.

Back in the day, we had two promising young keepers, Camp and Grant.  Of the two i and as i recall, a number of other Derby fans considered Camp the better of the two.  How Grant with his reflexes of a lemur, positioning of a bee and bravery of a house mouse got into the Premiership is beyond me but there you are.  Camp would have turned into a much better keeper than Grant if we had kept him of the two.  Now he is resigned to time wasting for going nowhere Birmingham, a promising career with little to show for it.  Such is life.

Archived