Sign in to follow this  
WystonRam

Holmes today

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

He also won a header in the 2nd half that he had no right to win against a bloke twice his size! My grandson even asked me "how the hell did he do that"

Reminds me abit of Jamie Ward in that way, he was beating players in both the air and shoulder to shoulder that he had no right to. Certainly has the rough streak when needed as well as the skill. 

9 hours ago, ossieram said:

He also won a header in the 2nd half that he had no right to win against a bloke twice his size! My grandson even asked me "how the hell did he do that"

67 minutes in.

I made a note so I could laugh again at the highlights, spring loaded boots perhaps?

Lawrence, Mount, Wilson, Holmes, Marriott, Waghorn, Jozefzoon - speed and skill to burn. Only option is a sick note if you are not very fit indeed facing this lot. 

I thought second half he was top class, wondered for a while why he wasnt making the bench as he seems a ready made replacement in centre mid when games are tight and we need some creativity which has happened a number of times. He uses his height and speed to his advantage being able to change running direction with ease causing the opposition all sorts of problems. Exciting player who like Marriott has/is being eased in but will soon be a main stay in the match day squads