Snake City (A) Ticketsss - Sold Out

Day

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Or maybe they're going because it's local and we're playing attractive football and to show support for the team (Or maybe not)

They'd be going to Sheff Weds away if that was the case. 

Definitely the Rowett factor for this one. Rightfully so.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Unfortunately don't think it's going to happen. 

The opportunity to spew hatred towards someone for no particular reason will be too much some I feel.

I'm with you and would much rather that effort be used to get behind the team and spur them on.

Not sure inflatable snakes and some choice bantz really constitute 'spewing hatred'. 

6 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I don't understand why anyone would spew hatred at Rowett. Look how things have improved since he left. He's done us a favour. He should be applauded for getting us into the play offs and applauded louder for paving the way to something that looks like a decent future. 

I don't get it either (well, I do really but it it would buggar up my comparison). It's as if your not particularly attractive girlfriend, who every now and again makes you think you're the luckiest man alive, suddenly walks out on you and shacks up with the rich bloke down the road. At that moment you think you hate her for what she's done to you after telling you all this time that you're her dream man, even though she slipped you a bit of cash as well. But then only a few days after her walking out you meet a super model and within no time you're living with her, and what's more your sex life is totally incredible. How can you still hate your ex?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep.

1 full season with us, got us to the play offs.

Style of football poor but no reason for hatred.

Fans wanted him out, he left.

I struggle to find reasons to hate him.

Hate is a strong word and one that imo shouldn’t be used, espically against someone you don’t know personally.

However, if you want some reasons why he will get abuse and people want him to fail, you don’t have to look far. He signed a new bumper deal, stating it was his dream job, and jumped when the opportunity arose to further his career.

To say fans wanted him out is true, however the majority backed him, both vocally and in polls, these fans and I wasn’t one of them, would probably feel a little betrayal by his previous statement and then his decision to jump ship.

You state that he got us into the play offs, we finished 6th, with the squad at his disposal as Mel said, he really should have been top 2, so was 6th that big an achievement. I say that because what happened in that 2nd leg, top scorer on the bench, trying to hold on to a lead, truly, truly awful football, may have well as finished 10th if he was going to roll over and think getting to the play offs was an achievement.

Finally the long term damage he inflicted, selling our best ever youth academy product for peanuts, replacing him with sub standard players one of which is nowhere near the first team, installing an ethos and finally playing system that set us back. 

So all in all, no I don’t hate him, I don’t even dislike the bloke, I don’t know him, however I can understand all the abuse he gets, football is unforgiving that’s what makes it the game it is.

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Hate is a strong word and one that imo shouldn’t be used, espically against someone you don’t know personally.

However, if you want some reasons why he will get abuse and people want him to fail, you don’t have to look far. He signed a new bumper deal, stating it was his dream job, and jumped when the opportunity arose to further his career.

To say fans wanted him out is true, however the majority backed him, both vocally and in polls, these fans and I wasn’t one of them, would probably feel a little betrayal by his previous statement and then his decision to jump ship.

You state that he got us into the play offs, we finished 6th, with the squad at his disposal as Mel said, he really should have been top 2, so was 6th that big an achievement. I say that because what happened in that 2nd leg, top scorer on the bench, trying to hold on to a lead, truly, truly awful football, may have well as finished 10th if he was going to roll over and think getting to the play offs was an achievement.

Finally the long term damage he inflicted, selling our best ever youth academy product for peanuts, replacing him with sub standard players one of which is nowhere near the first team, installing an ethos and finally playing system that set us back. 

So all in all, no I don’t hate him, I don’t even dislike the bloke, I don’t know him, however I can understand all the abuse he gets, football is unforgiving that’s what makes it the game it is.

Can you find the quote where Mel said he should've been top 2, I must have missed it?

13 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Very good post ,, he’s probably an ok bloke but I will always want him to fall on his arse in football terms and have a wry smile if and when he does ,maybe it’s just some people or the way they go about things but in some ambition is an ok quality yet in others it’s stomach churning and seeing rowett as our manager over a period of time ( rather than from the outside from a distance with brum) and seeing how he operated in the end places him in the later category for me

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Can you find the quote where Mel said he should've been top 2, I must have missed it?

It was from one of the Sky commentators during a recent game they were covering, choose to beleive him if you wish or not if you don’t, doesn’t matter to me ?

39 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

He signed a bumper new contract...can you define bumper new contract and the source please?

I stated he got us in the play offs,  you stated we finished 6th...yes that is a play off spot.

Mel said we should have finished in the top 2, did he? Never seen the that said anywhere but will await a link to the article, as it goes against anything he has ever said.

He left our top scorer on the bench. Correct. Have a look back through threads from the season and count how many 'he offers nothing if he isn't scoring' posts made about said top scorer. 

The Fulham display was awful. Agreed.

Long term damage by selling Hughes for peanuts..was he responsible for setting the selling price of our players? I don't know the answer to that.

Did he undo any of that 'long term damage' by getting a price tag on Vydra's head that funded all of our transfer activity this summer? 

I don't particularly like the guy or the football he served up by the way.

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

It was from one of the Sky commentators during a recent game they were covering, choose to beleive him if you wish or not if you don’t, doesn’t matter to me ?

I'm not doubting you, it rang a bell that's all.

It was on Sky commentary, either WBA of Boro, so probably Don Goodman  bollicks mind!

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He signed a bumper new contract...can you define bumper new contract and the source please?

I stated he got us in the play offs,  you stated we finished 6th...yes that is a play off spot.

Mel said we should have finished in the top 2, did he? Never seen the that said anywhere but will await a link to the article, as it goes against anything he has ever said.

He left our top scorer on the bench. Correct. Have a look back through threads from the season and count how many 'he offers nothing if he isn't scoring' posts made about said top scorer. 

The Fulham display was awful. Agreed.

Long term damage by selling Hughes for peanuts..was he responsible for setting the selling price of our players? I don't know the answer to that.

Did he undo any of that 'long term damage' by getting a price tag on Vydra's head that funded all of our transfer activity this summer? 

I don't particularly like the guy or the football he served up by the way.

I’m not sure why you want me to go around finding sources for you? You asked for reason why Derby fans will give abuse to him, whether you choose to beleive them reasons is entirely up to you. As I said, the achievement of a play off spot in your eyes is a good one, you feel he exceeded expectations once again don’t see your point, I’m talking about someone who doesn’t feel sixth best in this league is a good position especially if you get rolled over in the play off games.

I’m not disputing your opinion of him, I’m stating reasons why people will give him abuse, choose to dispute them facts if you wish of course, however I’m not going to search around giving you sources for things like new contracts and the word bumper ?

As for Hughes, he probably didn’t set the price, however he left them no choice really, accept a price or have a player that won’t play.

Having said that, I eneteted the words bumper deal Gary Rowett and this came up if you are really that interested ....https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gary-rowett-set-sign-bumper-11823525.amp

Archived