Could we upgrade on Carson ?

RiddingsRam

18 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Why on earth would we upgrade on Carson. Every human being has dips in form now and then. In my opinion we were lucky to hold on to him at the end of last season and many times he's kept us in the games. Keep off Carson!

The only problem with Carson is his distribution, which is more evident from Frank's preferred style of play. I think Carson needs to stop flapping and just play the simple pass. He's creating his own demons!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

Why on earth would we upgrade on Carson. Every human being has dips in form now and then. In my opinion we were lucky to hold on to him at the end of last season and many times he's kept us in the games. Keep off Carson!

Can't think of many games he's influenced this season, but certainly earned us a lot of points last season.

See.. Carson is like a having a misses. After a while you take her (him) for granted... Possibly even get rid in place of a newer fresher model... But then down the line you find out the newer model has more flaws than the good one you ditched,  then you have to sit and watch them happy with someone else who values them.

And then you're back to square one tryna find a decent keeper in the championship.

10 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That said, how many different 'keeper coaches has he worked under here? Contrasting styles and ideoligies could be having an impact on somebody so experienced?

He has had 3 since he has been here, Zubi, Poole and now Given. 

18 hours ago, KCG said:

The only problem with Carson is his distribution, which is more evident from Frank's preferred style of play. I think Carson needs to stop flapping and just play the simple pass. He's creating his own demons!

I agree Carson’s delivery could improve however in mitigation he needs someone to pass to - the two centre halves are his usual outlet but if the opposition press high he needs other players to make themselves available and, in my opinion, they don’t do that so he is forced to try a more risky pass.

22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

His form has dropped but his distribution has been poor all season and isn't showing much sign of improvement to me, so not sure why it's an easy observation to say it will improve. 

You could argue that Joe Hart was playing well for Man City so why did Guardiola need to change him?

If we are to stick with playing out from the back, and I really hope we do, Carson needs to work on his distribution and cut out the regular mistakes. 

agree, he does need to improve his distribution. But I think we could spend the money elsewhere imo. 

Fair point on Joe Hart too. 

10 minutes ago, bristolram said:

agree, he does need to improve his distribution. But I think we could spend the money elsewhere imo. 

Fair point on Joe Hart too. 

Agreed, full backs got to be the necessity in my opinion...although having said that, we have already spent millions on Malone and Wisdom  (although this was not an FL signing)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So, two shots that he managed to get a hand on make it a poor performance, just a little more hand on either shot and everyone is saying what great saves. I'm sure Carson will be disappointed. Butland did well, but we're talking millimetres between roles being reversed.

Both shots were saveable, Carson of previous years would of smothered them

Just now, G-Ram said:

He’s been no where near as good as the last two seasons 

A solid keeper breeds confidance throughout the whole defence & don't think its a coincidence he’s been a little shakey & so has the defence 

he was great the first half of last season too. But I agree his form has fallen off a cliff and I'm not sure why. If he was a forward you'd point to his age. That shouldn't be the case with carson.

3 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Both shots were saveable, Carson of previous years would of smothered them

I agree they were saveable, especially from what we have seen of Carson in the past, but it's still very fine margins. As I said, Carson will be very disappointed about both goals, but that's due to his normally very high standards. He had an off day. Many others did tonight too.

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So, two shots that he managed to get a hand on make it a poor performance, just a little more hand on either shot and everyone is saying what great saves. I'm sure Carson will be disappointed. Butland did well, but we're talking millimetres between roles being reversed.

Sure, but that's what football is. It's a game of fine margins. Neither of those shots were too difficult to save, I'd expect more from Carson. Considering his distribution is so poor, I expect him to make up for it with good shot stopping. It wasn't good enough tonight.

Archived