Mighty Rams

Comrade 86

What a time to be a Rams fan! Even with the rotten luck we’ve endured in the last couple of games, we’ve looked a side transformed under the stewardship of Frank and Jody, playing proper heads-up, fast and fluid football, the likes of which we missed for years now. Even the Mac1 era didn’t give me the same sort of buzz and we were a fantastic footballing outfit back then. We look absolutely awesome going forward and if we can iron out some indecision at the back, we’re more than a match for any team in the Championship.

Quite noticeably, the forum seems incredibly unified right now. One or two disdainful voices of course, but they’re barely audible midst the sea of rightful positivity. One or two have, quite tellingly, gone missing in recent weeks, their pearls of wisdom now looking more like piles of poo and I’m almost certain that if we can really get behind the lads and now dwell on the inevitable bumps in the road, this can be our year. I’m not fretting on the play-offs (yes, I did predict 4th end of season but I’ve reviewed my stance since then!), rather I’m seriously hopeful that we can avoid that lottery and dictate our own route to the Premiership via the autos. Yes, it may be early to be thinking as much but if we can’t dream with the way we’re playing now, when exactly would the naysayers allow it?

A last thought would be what happens when we get there? Well right now I reckon we’re a better outfit than a deal of the firms already there. Would we fear the likes of Newcastle, Huddersfield, Cardiff? What about Burnley, Southampton and Palace? I think we’d be comfortably mid-table and that’s without £150 mill to further strengthen the team. Our net spend this year was @£1 mill so who knows what Frank could do with a proper war chest at his disposal? There’ll be those thinking. ‘well you’re going to look pretty stupid if it all goes tits up’ but then I’d retort than anyone who is to scared to enjoy this ride has already lost the plot. Each to their own I guess but right now I’m absolutely loving it. The fact that I’m saying as much when we’ve just been dumped out of a Cup comp, especially given the ill-fortune suffered tonight, well that speaks volumes in itself. The only future I can currently conceive of is bright and white. The Rams are back in town chaps, we're most definitely back!  COYR

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressed with the hard work, nobody sulks, continue to stick to the philosophy against anyone home or away. Seeing development of Wilson and Lawrence. Impressed with Marriott (the young Nugent). Love Tomori and his terrible judgement of the ball in the air. Class player. Impressed with Lampard's honesty, supreme confidence and his own growth into the role. 

Niggling concern; can we keep this pace all season? Very energy draining. Only a niggling concern.

As a Mac fanboy I will admit that the only thing stopping me from saying "yep, this is better" is purely because it hasn't been done over a longer period of time and hauled the points in. But I can't see why it can't happen other than burnout.

I just love that we go into games at United, Chelsea, WBA, Boro in the same way we try to go against anyone. In fact, it's more successful there! 

I don't mind watching us try to figure out how to beat teams like Bolton and Rotherham. I'd rather that than us looking like a bully tbh. Shows we aren't that far wrong imo

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Niggling concern; can we keep this pace all season? Very energy draining. Only a niggling concern.

As a Mac fanboy I will admit that the only thing stopping me from saying "yep, this is better" is purely because it hasn't been done over a longer period of time and hauled the points in. But I can't see why it can't happen other than burnout.

Few folk have voiced this but I think as long as we're winning games we'll maintain the momentum. We're pretty much irrepressible right now and I think between Frank and Jody, they have enough about them to keep heads up and legs running hard.  

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Agree with both @86 points and @Alpha, would just like to add that we are slowly getting better. Game by game, the hard work, the pressing, the belief, its all coming together. 

Proud of Derby tonight. Proud of the Manager, proud of the Players, proud of the fans.

This is what makes me feel so confident about our season. The improvement is now constant and exponential. We are taking giant strides forward almost every game and while that can't be maintained indefinitely, it can, even in the short term, take us to a level that other Championship sides can't match. Folk will laugh at me but I don't think we're too far off the best performances by Wolves and Fulham last year and Frank's only had the lads for 15 games! If I were supporting any other side in the championship right now, Derby would be the team I'd fear most and by some distance too.

11 minutes ago, Robram said:

Every team we play you hear their fans say that they had an off day , starting to think there might be more to this . Could it  be that they just find us just TOO GOOD to play against !  lol

Yes indeedy! It's like the old 'the harder we work, the luckier we get' adage I reckon!

With how the season is panning out with all the excitement and style of play etc, it does make me wonder if Mel will loosen the purse strings in Jan for a final push. We'd have to be at least as close to the top as we are now (points-wise) for that to happen IMO.

Great that we have a management team that know what they want to achieve and are NOT getting carried away with our success. But for us supporters, the sheer entertainment of watching our new style of play is the real prize ( remember those on here earlier this year saying we had no right to expect entertaining football). Love the way we made our two late subs yesterday to try to get the goal back.

Lampard is proving Angry right, and that it is possible to play our best team in all competitions.

This does feel like the Mac1 era , though we have not yet managed an unbeaten run a long as the one we achieved in that first Mac season. 

Archived