What a manager we have

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Isn't this thread great? #JustSaying

It is, but only because I started it ?

People are starting to realise that this team is being managed by winners. We want entertainment and its being produced only 1/3rd into the season from a management team who most would have thought would have been sacked in two months time. 

What we do need to start doing more of is praising all 4 and not just 1. All 4 will be having a big impact from top to bottom at this football club.

If anybody isnt excited about tomorrows game, they need to go and watch snooker. 

One thing for sure is this team will need the 12th man tomorrow to get the 3 points. COYR 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for the record it was after the Saints preseason game I started suggesting our best midfield was going to be Mount and Wilson as the forward two of a three, fully thinking we'd win the league if Frank did decide to play them together there!

You are the man, Carl. ?

I always enjoy your posts. Do you think that we need a very tall striker as back up and another goalkeeper? 

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You are the man, Carl. ?

I always enjoy your posts. Do you think that we need a very tall striker as back up and another goalkeeper? 

Our style of football is played on the floor so IMO, we dont need a tall striker. 

Another goalkeeper probably, I dont think Carson has much competition. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

And for the record it was after the Saints preseason game I started suggesting our best midfield was going to be Mount and Wilson as the forward two of a three, fully thinking we'd win the league if Frank did decide to play them together there!

Good call Carl. Even now I am not sure that Wilson can cut it in midfield all season but those two look electric in midfield with Hudds. If everybody plays well it is fine. Brum are a very good test to try and dominate them. 

4 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

He's 85+ of course he's thinking Who The Fck is this, all he's thinking about is his supper at 3pm before bed. 

I kind of doubt that ... if you can persuade your 85 year old body to get to pride park on a November day and you’ve been following your team that long then god dang it .. you love DCFC and it would be a delight to meet a young manager who sweated blood for his club and country and is now a Ram.  I think it’s called being a fan and it doesn’t change no matter how many years you have under your belt.

That bloke probably read his dads newspaper or went to the actual match when we won the cup and took the mick out of forest supporters at work or school on Monday morning. He would have loved it and still does. 

Sorry I know you were half joking but being old doesn’t mean you stop loving seeing good football and the ball hit the back of the net. Well I hope it doesn’t otherwise i think I’ll pack up now. 

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

You are the man, Carl. ?

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Good call Carl. Even now I am not sure that Wilson can cut it in midfield all season but those two look electric in midfield with Hudds. If everybody plays well it is fine. Brum are a very good test to try and dominate them. 

No you're the man! ? The whole forum is saying "Rampage - what a guy" (when they're not saying it about Frank or Jody or Mel). 

For me we still have too many senior players and it's a shame some don't get to train with the squad, but I understand why. I'm not keen to bring any more in. Roos has impressed me when given the chance to and I'm pleased the new management has restored him to number two. Mad to spend big on another keeper who's unlikely to play. 

When we had Goddard and Saunders I remember it being called "the thinking man's striking partnership" - I loved it then and I love our forward line now. Even when a big lad up front is good on the deck, teams fall into the terrible trap of lumping high balls forward and I don't want that to be us. 

But on both fronts, Frank has made a lot of tough and correct calls, so if I were Mel - what a guy! - I'd back him with whatever he wants. On which note I'm really pleased for Mel. He's a fan like the rest of us so if we're all happy, he's happy too. 

No you're the man! ? The whole forum is saying "Rampage - what a guy" (when they're not saying it about Frank or Jody or Mel). 

For me we still have too many senior players and it's a shame some don't get to train with the squad, but I understand why. I'm not keen to bring any more in. Roos has impressed me when given the chance to and I'm pleased the new management has restored him to number two. Mad to spend big on another keeper who's unlikely to play. 

When we had Goddard and Saunders I remember it being called "the thinking man's striking partnership" - I loved it then and I love our forward line now. Even when a big lad up front is good on the deck, teams fall into the terrible trap of lumping high balls forward and I don't want that to be us. 

But on both fronts, Frank has made a lot of tough and correct calls, so if I were Mel - what a guy! - I'd back him with whatever he wants. On which note I'm really pleased for Mel. He's a fan like the rest of us so if we're all happy, he's happy too. 

I agree with all of the above and especially about the older dudes at PP but against the Boro the Stokes and the lower end other league we have looked short of an unknown option and I would have preferred to have brought on a like for like very tall bruiser. Maybe a bit more goal input from Johnson and our big centre backs would have put us 6 points clear by now. No team is expecting to take Derby apart in this league now but I would not be surprised in we do not beat Brum or Stoke. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

I kind of doubt that ... if you can persuade your 85 year old body to get to pride park on a November day and you’ve been following your team that long then god dang it .. you love DCFC and it would be a delight to meet a young manager who sweated blood for his club and country and is now a Ram.  I think it’s called being a fan and it doesn’t change no matter how many years you have under your belt.

That bloke probably read his dads newspaper or went to the actual match when we won the cup and took the mick out of forest supporters at work or school on Monday morning. He would have loved it and still does. 

Sorry I know you were half joking but being old doesn’t mean you stop loving seeing good football and the ball hit the back of the net. Well I hope it doesn’t otherwise i think I’ll pack up now. 

I was definitely joking and I think it’s great what the club does. 

I’ll never forget when they did the Rams remember and I gave them my Dads name and his name shone in lights the moment my lad signed on the pitch for the academy. How crazy is that. 

Archived