What a manager we have

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Nothing else to say apart from what a professional manager we have and grounded individual he is. He respects what he has for the season but also the opposition he has to play. 

If we don’t go up this season I would be very surprised. 

Agreed, we're in a tough, close league, but duck it, Big Nuts will lead us to the promised land!

3 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Nothing else to say apart from what a professional manager we have and grounded individual he is. He respects what he has for the season but also the opposition he has to play. 

Total pro as a player and a manager best manager Mel Morris has employed I have always disagreed with his decisions (even tho when we got clement I was willing to give him a chance and thought he would do well) but lampards is smashing it we are back to our Derby way! Hard work plus good football even if we don't get promoted this is a brilliant season and lampards will be a top manager and all the best to him! 

He's brave. 

Not once yet has he compromised his philosophy. Tonight he could have and it would have been understandable and slightly heart breaking.

But no, all he asked was that we pressed with more care and attention but whenever possible and keep playing. 

Big nuts, Frank. Respect. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's brave. 

Not once yet has he compromised his philosophy. Tonight he could have and it would have been understandable and slightly heart breaking.

But no, all he asked was that we pressed with more care and attention but whenever possible and keep playing. 

Big nuts, Frank. Respect. 

He believes in one outcome, winners are born that way. 

Who wants to come second or last??

18 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I’m a glass half empty person but I have to join you and say I’ll be surprised and so will frank on hearing his comments during the sky interview if we don’t have a serious challenge. 

Frank and his team are so impressive. before the season started i thought id be happy to finish strong mid table if we got a slick style of football back.

Now as the season goes on i think it will be a travesty if we cant capitalise. 

Frank needs backing in Jan with whatever he thinks he needs and maybe he could finally take us back to the promised land.

35 minutes ago, rambush said:

I thought we played well. Full of energy but it would of been nice if he came to the away end at the end. He kept it short.

He did come over to us at the end , he clapped us and took our applause whilst also pointing to the players to tell us they deserved it more than him ,,, class act ,, wanted him from the minute there was a slight mention of him linked with us and so pleased to see what he is doing with us 

39 minutes ago, rambush said:

I thought we played well. Full of energy but it would of been nice if he came to the away end at the end. He kept it short.

That's not how it looked on the telly. A clap for all 3 home stands, and a much longer time spent applauding the away end.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That's not how it looked on the telly. A clap for all 3 home stands, and a much longer time spent applauding the away end.

I thought he handled it very well (is he poo at anything?) . He made a point of applauding the Chelsea fans first then going to the away end to finish the night off with his new club.

I'm an old cynical bar steward but Frank really is a top bloke.

Just an observation - I am about two weeks behind on League of their own and just watched the John Terry one

Some asked who were the Chelsea boys up for a night out

Someone suggested "Frank Lampard" and JT was like "No way, Frank was a total pro"

Ha Ha - Still is I reckon

Hope he is here for 5 years or more

What an incredible job Frank has done in only 4 months the whole club has changed and the way we play football everyone is standing up and taking notice. In 6 months time hopefully, the premiership will be on the horizon and I believe to keep Frank that is what we have to achieve.

We are playing the Frank way and the players he has improved Huddlestone looks absolute class and I bet tom wished this happened 2 years ago under Frank anything is possible the only thing that worries me is other teams will start sniffing.

Jack Marriott is he the best since dean saunders I am just loving this. its great to be a ram and how long is it since we have been able to say that.

Call my cynical, or maybe I’ve just had my fingers burnt one too many times, but I’m not really getting quite so loved up by Lampard as much as everyone else seems to be.

Got absolutely no issue with the bloke at all, let me point out. I think he speaks eloquently and, from what I’ve heard, is an absolutely lovely fella. He’s got us playing some of the best football I’ve seen since McClaren and there’s a real feel good atmosphere around the club at the moment. He is the right man for us - 100%

But I remember feeling the same about Rowett. And McClaren. And once upon a time, about Clough. Things change very quickly in football and I think I’ll wait until the end of the season before I jump fully on the hype train. 

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Call my cynical, or maybe I’ve just had my fingers burnt one too many times, but I’m not really getting quite so loved up by Lampard as much as everyone else seems to be.

Got absolutely no issue with the bloke at all, let me point out. I think he speaks eloquently and, from what I’ve heard, is an absolutely lovely fella. He’s got us playing some of the best football I’ve seen since McClaren and there’s a real feel good atmosphere around the club at the moment. He is the right man for us - 100%

But I remember feeling the same about Rowett. And McClaren. And once upon a time, about Clough. Things change very quickly in football and I think I’ll wait until the end of the season before I jump fully on the hype train. 

Makes perfect sense, under the circumstances, what with our history etc.

I wish I could be as strong willed as you, but I can't deny, my childish excitement... and expectations, for that matter... seem to be increasing as each game finishes, just lately!

Archived