Burton v Notts Forest

Day

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Kevin said:

Daft question that if you don't mind me saying so.

Don't mind at all. 

We play Forest on the 15th December, Quarter finals start 17th December.

One might argue that it could be in our favour if Forest players have one eye on a tasty Quarter final cup draw.

If we win tomorrow night, we would be in the same boat. Lose and it's a possible advantage for us as there is no midweek game prior to the game either.

Don't forget not all Derby fans have the soft spot for the Brewers. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Don't mind at all. 

We play Forest on the 15th December, Quarter finals start 17th December.

One might argue that it could be in our favour if Forest players have one eye on a tasty Quarter final cup draw.

If we win tomorrow night, we would be in the same boat. Lose and it's a possible advantage for us as there is no midweek game prior to the game either.

Don't forget not all Derby fans have the soft spot for the Brewers. 

You mean, everyone has a soft spot for Burton except you?

Just now, GeneralRam said:

You mean, everyone has a soft spot for Burton except you?

Think you will find that to be not true. Many Derby fans that are not local to the area that have no connection/feelings towards Burton.

I'm all up for the underdogs to win, but as I've said, there is an argument to be made that Forest going through could be advantageous to us as Derby fans with us playing them a few days before the Quarter Finals.

1 minute ago, David said:

Think you will find that to be not true. Many Derby fans that are not local to the area that have no connection/feelings towards Burton.

I'm all up for the underdogs to win, but as I've said, there is an argument to be made that Forest going through could be advantageous to us as Derby fans with us playing them a few days before the Quarter Finals.

To be honest the only Derby fans I don't expect to like Burton are the ones that go to watch Gresley Rovers instead.

That being said.... Burton all the way! Come on you Brewers.

Massive for us.

Bit of a makeshift defence with Scott Fraser at left back and probavle Akins at right back (I'd prefer us to stick fox at RB and let Lucas off the leash further forward)

Forest should smash us but... Ten changes so it depends how they gel.

I just hope we play the same kind of football we have been playing so you lot can see were not the defensive goofball side many of you think. Maybe tonight's not the best game for that cos we'll probably have large spells of defending.

One thing is sure, the Burton players fancy it and Nige is up for it.

The link between Templeton (a slow and tricky winger) and Boyce is key to how well Burton do.

Its going one of two ways.

1-0 to the Albion

Or 4-0 to forest.

15 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Massive for us.

Bit of a makeshift defence with Scott Fraser at left back and probavle Akins at right back (I'd prefer us to stick fox at RB and let Lucas off the leash further forward)

Forest should smash us but... Ten changes so it depends how they gel.

I just hope we play the same kind of football we have been playing so you lot can see were not the defensive goofball side many of you think. Maybe tonight's not the best game for that cos we'll probably have large spells of defending.

One thing is sure, the Burton players fancy it and Nige is up for it.

The link between Templeton (a slow and tricky winger) and Boyce is key to how well Burton do.

Its going one of two ways.

1-0 to the Albion

Or 4-0 to forest.

Good luck Ronnie, c’mon you brewers.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The fella in the picture runs my local mobile phone repair shop, so I'd guess so.

I was confused why forest had got some fat geezer to pose in a shirt for a photo 

2 hours ago, David said:

Surely you fancy your chances tomorrow David? Chelsea put out the kids and ypuot are flying.

Who would you prefer to draw on the draw in the quarters?

Id have thought  you wantest out of the completion and not getting further than the Rams?

Archived