Come on Derby show no fear

B4ev6is

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Manure were totally out of form when we played them....Chelski are on fire and tearing decent Prem teams apart both home and away. If we keep it below 5 it will be a moral victory......

That’s the spirit ! 

(But I know it’s all part of your cunning plan to deceive the enemy ) 

On 30/10/2018 at 09:52, Jimbo Ram said:

Manure were totally out of form when we played them....Chelski are on fire and tearing decent Prem teams apart both home and away. If we keep it below 5 it will be a moral victory......

Yep could be easily 5 if we are reckless at playing out the back like we have in the last few games. Look what Chelsea did to Burnley who are a much superior team to ourselves. 

A one off Rowett shithouse style may be the best way to win this game.

Good luck trying to play front foot football against a Sarri team.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Yep could be easily 5 if we are reckless at playing out the back like we have in the last few games. Look what Chelsea did to Burnley who are a much superior team to ourselves. 

A one off Rowett shithouse style may be the best way to win this game.

Good luck trying to play front foot football against a Sarri team.

We should stick to our new principles, and play expansive football. If we get hammered so be it. The players should be encouraged to go toe to toe.  In the medium to long term further, greater benefits will accrue.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We should stick to our new principles, and play expansive football. If we get hammered so be it. The players should be encouraged to go toe to toe.  In the medium to long term further, greater benefits will accrue.

Absolutely. As Frank said, he wants his players to be on the pitch and show their personality as a right to be there. Go and play without fear. 

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If we were playing another premier league team(apart from Liverpool or Man City) then I’d agree with you but I suspect that we may be forced to playing a different style then we’d usually play just because of the manager that we will be up against and because we will have a lot less possession than we usually do. Sarri’s teams have been like that his whole career. An absolute nightmare to play against because they keep the ball for fun. His Napoli side of last season even made Juventus play a different style than they’d usually would. 

Will be a good test regardless because the players will be in a different scenario than they’d usually be used to in the league. This game will present different problems where we will need to be compact and stay in shape a lot of the game.

23 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Rookie manager; Chelsea in the cup...seem to recall this back in 1968..0-0 away and then 3-1 home*. 

Can history repeat itself? ??

* I know there are no replays now.

Maybe 0-0 after 90 mins, then win 3-1 on pens?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

If we were playing another premier league team(apart from Liverpool or Man City) then I’d agree with you but I suspect that we may be forced to playing a different style then we’d usually play just because of the manager that we will be up against and because we will have a lot less possession than we usually do. Sarri’s teams have been like that his whole career. An absolute nightmare to play against because they keep the ball for fun. His Napoli side of last season even made Juventus play a different style than they’d usually would. 

Will be a good test regardless because the players will be in a different scenario than they’d usually be used to in the league. This game will present different problems where we will need to be compact and stay in shape a lot of the game.

I am sure you may be right buddy, but my biggest fear tonight is not losing, or being totally outplayed, it is the prospect of Bris coming out of hiding to say how much we still have to learn.

On 30/10/2018 at 09:35, 'Rambe33 said:

Would be happy with a competitive performance and a goal or two. Never been to Stamford Bridge as a fan before so really looking forward to standing in Row 5 of the Shed Lower.

I did however play in a Charity tournament at the Bridge 2 years ago and bagged 7 goals on our way to the final before losing on pens if you're asking... If anyone's in the market for a slightly doughy left footed plodder give me a shout! 

Up the Rams!  

You'[ve gone and done it now, 'Rambe33! You put the word "plodder" in, so watch out for the call from Gary Rowett!

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

'It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees'.

Oscar Pistorius.

On 30/10/2018 at 00:04, Carl Sagan said:

B4 is our leader!

I shall be sucking the ball into Chelsea's net and blowing it out of ours. Come on you Rams!

I think some of us sucked when we should have blown earlier! Gutted for you @B4ev6is  - so close to being the rallying cry of the season.

Hope your bus journey home is better than ours. Traffic jams, two M1 closures, a flood in the loo and someone thrown up all over the place. 

And still miles from Derby.

Just back ended up in Milton Keynes driving back because of M1 closures. I thought we gave a good account of ourselves tonight. We gave it a go toe to toe as they say. We had three good chances in the second half but we just didn’t get the rub. Pity about the own goals let’s hope that’s our seasons quota. All their goals came down their right. I thought we were a bit weak defensively on the left against a good Chelsea team. 

Archived