The unimaginable

ram1964

Having witnessed the rapid transformation and progression of the club so far during this season .

A complete transformation in tactics, style of play, team morale, introduction of youth, bringing in quality players, leading to us looking like a quality team capable of promotion .

Should we gain the heights of premiership football under the influence of Frank , Jodie and their staff. Would it not be conceivable for Derby to seriously compete in the top flight with Frank's influence and connections to attract the type of players required.? Obviously Huge investment would be required by Mel, probably having to relinquish full ownership and have additional investors to fund these signings.

How far would Mel want to take the club, ? Would he consider outside investment at the cost of loseing   full control.? Should our present management continue to be successful could Frank attract top quality players to play for the Rams?No disrespect to Derby itself.

Obviously early days and a long way to go ,but always believed a team is only as good as their manager.

We lost clough and all know what would /should have been. If Frank's progression in management  continues successfully  will Mel's ambition for the club be sufficient to meet Frank's own ambitions.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Mel can’t continue to back the club financially he would only sell to somebody who could with the best interests of the club at heart.

Thats if he did sell, and not just get other people on board to lighten the expenses.

But the target is the Premier league, and with that brings lots of added income.

Used wisely and with the right knowledge Mel would cope easily I would expect.  Look at what Leicester achieved, bless them.

But what do I know?

20 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Having witnessed the rapid transformation and progression of the club so far during this season .

A complete transformation in tactics, style of play, team morale, introduction of youth, bringing in quality players, leading to us looking like a quality team capable of promotion .

Should we gain the heights of premiership football under the influence of Frank , Jodie and their staff. Would it not be conceivable for Derby to seriously compete in the top flight with Frank's influence and connections to attract the type of players required.? Obviously Huge investment would be required by Mel, probably having to relinquish full ownership and have additional investors to fund these signings.

How far would Mel want to take the club, ? Would he consider outside investment at the cost of loseing   full control.? Should our present management continue to be successful could Frank attract top quality players to play for the Rams?No disrespect to Derby itself.

Obviously early days and a long way to go ,but always believed a team is only as good as their manager.

We lost clough and all know what would /should have been. If Frank's progression in management  continues successfully  will Mel's ambition for the club be sufficient to meet Frank's own ambitions.

He has already done that! Mason Mount would be playing European football if it wasn't for Lamps/Jody persuading him to come. Without blowing our own trumpet, but if we went up what a place to come and play football. A manager who wants to play hard working, attacking and attractive football. Top quality facilities. A sell out crowd every week (In the prem).

This maybe pessimistic, but I don’t expect Frank to stick about if he gets us up/does well. 

Not doubting his loyalty or anything, just the manner of the modern game.

With the carousel of Managerial appointments and Chelsea and other leading major clubs you’d have to fancy them prizing him away with the promise of giant war chests and European football.

Would be lovely if he fell in love with the club/city/area/fans and became our Ferguson....but it’s very unlikely, isn’t it?

39 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Amazing isn't it ,just shows what you can do with a proper manager.

quick footnote as to what's happening with the under 23s (particularly Max Bird and Louie Sibley) and under 18s - and Lowe and Thomas on loan looking good enough to come back in. However, this is Derby - let's cover ourselves in 'of course, we'll probably be hammered by in form Birmingham' before we count all our chickens. 

And also, while not wanting to criticise St Frank - how important for the last week was Bryson's injury v Sheff U. Without that - we probably wouldn't have seen Wilson and Mount together in midfield, which was the key to the whole remarkable week. 

Chelsea never stick long with the manager so if he does well promotion etc I’d expect him to get a call, all we want is getting up and a year or too staying up and moving along nicely, Mel would back any manager in the premier league 

1 hour ago, singaporeram said:

quick footnote as to what's happening with the under 23s (particularly Max Bird and Louie Sibley) and under 18s - and Lowe and Thomas on loan looking good enough to come back in. However, this is Derby - let's cover ourselves in 'of course, we'll probably be hammered by in form Birmingham' before we count all our chickens. 

And also, while not wanting to criticise St Frank - how important for the last week was Bryson's injury v Sheff U. Without that - we probably wouldn't have seen Wilson and Mount together in midfield, which was the key to the whole remarkable week. 

We were playing well against Sheff Utd , until Bryson went off, so who knows what may have happened anyway? 

12 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We were playing well against Sheff Utd , until Bryson went off, so who knows what may have happened anyway? 

Correction - we were playing reasonably well against Sheffield United while Bryson was on the pitch - but after the break and the re-shuffle we played superbly. This is by no means intended to aim any sort of a slight towards Bryson. There will no doubt be opportunities for him to come back into the side for whatever reason (injuries, tactics v sides who sit back, loss of form) - we haven't seen the last of the little haggis-muncher yet.

45 minutes ago, ram59 said:

28 minutes ago, eddie said:

Correction - we were playing reasonably well against Sheffield United while Bryson was on the pitch - but after the break and the re-shuffle we played superbly. This is by no means intended to aim any sort of a slight towards Bryson. There will no doubt be opportunities for him to come back into the side for whatever reason (injuries, tactics v sides who sit back, loss of form) - we haven't seen the last of the little haggis-muncher yet.

Wow, two posts of different opinions respectfully ddiscussing tthe matter.

Are you sure you're on the right forum? ?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Chelsea never stick long with the manager so if he does well promotion etc I’d expect him to get a call, all we want is getting up and a year or too staying up and moving along nicely, Mel would back any manager in the premier league 

But there’s so much man love for Frank now, Christine would have a lot of competition if he wants more babies. We want to keep him forever. Biologically tough I know but you get my drift 

5 hours ago, Topram said:

I really can't see Sir Frank going anywhere near the Chelsea job for 5 years at the very least.  10 wouldn't surprise me.

... And he'd turn them down in such a way, that not one single Chelsea fan would begrudge his wish to learn his trade elsewhere first, before he himself has the confidence and experience to take it on when he feels he could do himself... and the fans... proud.

That's a very wise head he has on his shoulders!  

... That's not to say I fully expect him to still be here in 5/10 years!

If we do get promotion I could see another lesson loan for Mount and Tomori signing permanently. I then see us raiding Chelsea for some of their fringe players. I doubt Frank would get the Chelsea job so soon especially with Sarri doing well st present. It is more likely that West Ham come calling for him.

The big word for me is PROGRESSION.

For the first 3 seasons i expect nothing less than for us to try and stay in the league and cement our place in the Premier League. After 3 seasons however i want to see us start and move up the table, Eventually challenging the top 7. My worst nightmare is for us to turn into a Crystal Palace and end up just aiming to survive every year. We could win the League or get a champions League/Europa League spot, If we invest right and make the correct choices off and on the pitch i think Derby could begin to reach the top again.

I cant see him going chelsea any time soon. Not experianced enough and current manager doing well 

i could see West Ham coming in though but would he turn them down? Clubs a bit if a mess & fans gave him loads of stick when he was younger 

I’d just like to see us get there 

Then ... bit soon for frank to go, i’d Hope he’d stay, prove his credentials by seeing us survive and grow.

My tempered (but only slightly) dream would be to see us go up, and maybe either get near Europe or a cup win before a big southern name inevitably comes calling and then maybe Frank moves on. 

Of course it could turn out that in 40 years time our younger fans will be boring their kids with tales of the “Lampard and Morris” Premier league winning side of the “glorious 20’s” and how we won the Champions League (twice) and finally shut the neighbours up for good. ???

Archived