Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

Definitely the better team on the night, but sometimes it's not your night. Unfortunately, despite our best effort, tonight just wasn't meant to be for us. Quick player ratings from myself: Carson 6; Bogle 6, Keogh 8, Tomori 7, Malone 5; Huddlestone 9, Mount 6, Wilson 5; Waghorn 7, Marriott 8, Lawrence 8 

It's a good performance. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not our night, but proud of the players. We've gone to one of the best sides in the country (again), looked more than a match for them (again), and were actually quite unlucky to not win in the 90 minutes (again)...

The mistakes were unfortunate and sloppy but how we played, you'd think they hadn't happened. That's what I would have been more concerned about, not the mistakes themselves because they are often freak incidents, it's how you respond to a mistake that's important. Tonight we responded really well, we're all anybody is talking about, not Chelsea. They had to bring on players like Luiz and Azpilicueta in an attempt to keep us at bay.

I love the style of football and I love the players we have in our team. So many likeable characters, all headed by an extremely likeable manager. I'm loving Frank, I'm loving our side and more importantly I'm loving this season. Good things can happen for us, long may it continue.

Really proud of the performance tonight, if those two freak own goals didn't go in we'd be through right now. Couldn't ask for more performance wise.

Huddlestone is absolutely undroppable after this. Marriott looks to be an incredible signing. Future's bright!

Mixed feelings after a game we might have won. So proud of the lads and how we went about things though so the overriding sense of it is massively positive. The Rams are back, that's for certain. Get the lads home, get them freshened up and we can do some real damage back in the Championship. COYR

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

Losing to Chelsea doesn't feel bad, not even half as bad as losing to Burton could do.

I said that to the Americans I was watching the game with ? 

"I'll take losing now with that performance over winning now and losing to whoever we get in the next round."

For all the chastisement of the "focus on the league" mentality, (which I think should continue as being in the cup is fun and entertaining), our chances in the league are better off without the cup games. Especially going out of the cup in such a confidence boosting manner.

Archived