Alcohol allowed in the stand?

Boycie

I enjoy a drink as much as the next man (although I'm either a red wine or whiskey drinker) but I struggle to understand why anyone needs to be sipping alcohol at the stadium whilst watching a game of football (not now Rowett has gone). As others have said, I really don't fancy being drenched in beer, either accidentally or deliberately by idiots who think it's fun to throw their drink around, 

So, for me, it would be a no especially at away games. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every now and then I go and watch a game of rugby - league and union. The union games are always spoiled by a constant stream of fans going to the bar during the match and disrupting everyone else in their row as they make their way to and fro. It's bad enough having to let latecomers and earlygoers past. No thank you.

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Had 3 pints during the football yesterday. Nobody died. 

When did beer throwing become a thing though? It's happened at a couple of recent gigs. Should be punishable by public flogging imo, for wastefulness alone. 

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

So what if people throw pints everywhere when we score, up to them if they want to waste 4 quid every time derby score! A bit Carling on ya head wont hurt you.

To be fair, drinking Carling should also be punishable by public flogging.

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

When did beer throwing become a thing though? It's happened at a couple of recent gigs. Should be punishable by public flogging imo, for wastefulness alone. 

Given the standard of beer the proles are throwing, they ought to be done for fly-tipping.

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

So what if people throw pints everywhere when we score, up to them if they want to waste 4 quid every time derby score! A bit Carling on ya head wont hurt you.

Not an awful lot of fun if you’re wet and smell of beer and have a 3 hour train journey home!

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

When I received an airborne pint the other yesr, it completely saturated one of my hearing aids. It needed the contacts drying out and wiping clean then 2 days in the dehumidifier before it would work properly again.

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

When I received an airborne pint the other yesr, it completely saturated one of my hearing aids. It needed the contacts drying out and wiping clean then 2 days in the dehumidifier before it would work properly again.

But its only a bit of fun....kill joy ! ?

29 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

But its only a bit of fun....kill joy ! ?

Yes, I know. I have this streak in me that wants to condemn moronic behaviour. Don't ask me why.

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Yeah!

what happened to peeing in a bottle and throwing it down the front or even at the act?

3 hours ago, eddie said:

First world problems. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

First world problems. 

Good point. However, what would you do if you were at the match sat behind this...

606857568_eartrumpet.jpg.9fb4a521f0e9ca06efdffb7ddc2858e3.jpg

I think that modern-day hearing aids are of mutual benefit in this case.

On 26/10/2018 at 17:59, HantsRam said:

It's how it works in the US. Just sit in your seat and the beer sellers wander up and down the aisles. 

They're not allowed to accept tips either  (unlike every other retail transaction inUS).

I think they rely on the fact that you can't drink till you're 21 to keep order. 

Either that or rely on the 19 year olds who've got state of the art automatic weapons to effectively police things ?

They very much are allowed to accept tips...and it works perfectly, in fact it amazes people over here that we can’t drink and watch the game at the same time.

after the scenes from all those fan parks during the World Cup the very last thing I want is drinking to be allowed in the stands....being covered in someone else half beer/half back wash on a freezing cold day...no thanks. 

8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

And that is why beer should never be allowed into the stands. It makes the idiots more idiotic because they can't hold their beer, and they are happy to put Carling down their throats.

6 hours ago, eddie said:

Would it help if we all learned Steve Bloomer's watching in sign language?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Would it help if we all learned Steve Bloomer's watching in sign language?

If that's the only alternative to being a brainless moron who wants his testicles stamping on, then yes. However, I am prepared to compromise. You don't throw beer, I won't teach you BSL.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

If that's the only alternative to being a brainless moron who wants his testicles stamping on, then yes. However, I am prepared to compromise. You don't throw beer, I won't teach you BSL.

As I rarely drink beer at any time, and even more rarely on matchday (well, at least since the late '70's!), i doubt it'll be my testicles you'll be stamping on.  

I am partial to a warming Bovril though... but that's different gravy!

I think they also have to measure the consumption levels as part of this. Banning it from the stands means that there is in theory 90 minutes of no alcohol consumption. 

If it is allowed, people could easily drink 4 more pints during the game and that's on top of what people consume before attending the game. This would potentially lead to more anit-social and violent behaviour. 

I think it's fine the way it is personally.

Archived