Alcohol allowed in the stand?

Boycie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Been on a fair few European trips where I've been to a game and been able to have a drink whilst doing so and not once have I ever seen anything bad. I'd support it personally.

Totally different culture to England, it would be an absolute poo show if they let people drink in the stands, the Danny Dyer wannabees would be throwing it all over the place.

Been on a fair few European trips where I've been to a game and been able to have a drink whilst doing so and not once have I ever seen anything bad. I'd support it personally.

That's the problem. In the UK having too much drink is seen as a badge of honour. I can see it now "Did you spill my pint?!" multiplied 100 times.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally different culture to England, it would be an absolute poo show if they let people drink in the stands, the Danny Dyer wannabees would be throwing it all over the place.

I reckon it would work personally, I'm a fan of most sports and can go to a rugby game, ice hockey game, cricket match etc and sit there having a drink, yet at football I was once told off for having a drink whilst looking at the pitch (this was before kick off) maybe it could be trialled at certain clubs across the country? 

I reckon it would work personally, I'm a fan of most sports and can go to a rugby game, ice hockey game, cricket match etc and sit there having a drink, yet at football I was once told off for having a drink whilst looking at the pitch (this was before kick off) maybe it could be trialled at certain clubs across the country? 

Rugby, cricket, ice hockey.....all very different demographic of people than the average football crowd. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Rugby, cricket, ice hockey.....all very different demographic of people than the average football crowd. 

I agree... maybe I'm just talking from my personal point of view, I'd be quite happy sat there having a beer whilst watching the football but I do agree there may be certain idiots ruining it for others... but without trialling it you'll never know? 

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 00:55, Ramslad1992 said:

but without trialling it you'll never know?

Be honest with yourself you do know really! It would be a crowd violence disaster particularly in standing areas. A certain type of Brit seems to think if he's not ***** then he's not having a good time.

Having given this thread much consideration and spent hours (maybe or not) looking into the fors and againsts online I have found one bit of evidence which proves that drinking in the stands should not be allowed:

fans.jpg.fdd5df07258226e9d4ab2c650457a896.jpg

I do go often to Union's games, basically every time if Rams are not playing at same time, and I quite like to have a beer at terraces. Yes, sometimes it spills, but I don't wear a suit during the games. This season there's been more beer gone to waste, just because the team is doing well, but I haven't seen stupid behaviour such as throwing a beer or being completely wasted... But that's Berlin, not England.

Archived