Ipswich sack Paul Hurst, appoint Paul Lambert

David

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And to think of what could have been for them. They had Lampard in for an interview before he came to us. I wonder what the deciding factor was that meant their board wanted Hirst over Lampard?

His experience, and he was cheaper...

25 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And to think of what could have been for them. They had Lampard in for an interview before he came to us. I wonder what the deciding factor was that meant their board wanted Hirst over Lampard?

Ipswich have very little in the way of budget. 

For all his sins (awful football) Mad Mick did a decent job there all things considered. 

Oh and I couldn't resist posting the mad mick ghost gif

21f094702d19425d8ab6a9525fad6133967ebfd2

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

If you believe the papers is was simply that Ipswich would not meet Frank's wage demands.

I don’t like how McCarthy’s coming out of this as the hero of the piss. This is their 17th consecutive season at this level, they had over five years of McCarthyball with only a play-off semi-final loss to Norwich (who they haven’t beat in ten years) to show for it.

I’d be fed up as well and probably at the point of taking relegation on the chin just to spice things up a bit. 

People were fed up of Clough here and he was actually building towards a team that played football! 

23 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Talking of ex-Reds' greats - whatever happened to Sean O'Driscoll? Wasn't he a reasonably rated coach for you lot at some point, sacked somewhat surprisingly and replaced by a complete duffer? 

Was talking with a Forest fan about this yesterday. He said total shock when he went, biggest mistake in fatwaz reign i think, got to 7th and just beat (leeds i think but not 100% sure) about 4-1 or something.

On 26/10/2018 at 09:56, HantsRam said:

Talking of ex-Reds' greats - whatever happened to Sean O'Driscoll? Wasn't he a reasonably rated coach for you lot at some point, sacked somewhat surprisingly and replaced by a complete duffer? 

I couldn't even tell you where he is now, without checking. He was a good manager for us. Replacing him was the first of many stupid decisions under Fawaz

On 26/10/2018 at 09:56, HantsRam said:

Last I saw he was with England's youth teams, can't remember which one, maybe under 16s. 

Edit: ok, that was 4 years ago with the under 19s?‍♂️, currently at wolves in their academy. 

sensible move by ipswich.

Paul lambert has done quite well at a number of clubs. Transformed blackburn. They've got 30 games to recover the situation.

unfortunately they had a poor summer transfer window.

Archived