V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

A really good week Of football, 7 points out of 3 really tough games, but the thing which has impressed me the most is the way we are playing the game, it's a pleasure to watch, can not wait for Chelsea away, hope I am bouncing at the end, feel we will push them all the way, hope I see a sold out pp for the next couple of home games, the team deserves to be playing in front of full houses, I feel Frank and his coaching team deserves a hell of a lot of praise for how they are going about there jobs, long may it continue.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably too early to ask this question but is there any news on Mason Mount. FL didn't seem too concerned afterwards. Thought he seemed really up for it today until he went off. He's obviously very talented with the ball but he impressed me without the ball today. He seemed very hungry in that respect and it was his strongest performance for me in that department.

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I don't understand why you have two laughing reactions to this... it's not a joke.

One of them was mine ?  made me smile because the footy really was great in the first 20: today, but i’ll Never forget Vydras goal against forest after what was it ? 1 minute ? .. I loved that sooo much that I can’t hate Rowett quite that much .. even though Frankie is a flipping genius in comparison. 

22 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Probably too early to ask this question but is there any news on Mason Mount. FL didn't seem too concerned afterwards. Thought he seemed really up for it today until he went off. He's obviously very talented with the ball but he impressed me without the ball today. He seemed very hungry in that respect and it was his strongest performance for me in that department.

Pretty sure it’s a minor knock from what Lamps was saying 

7 hours ago, Duracell said:

If that’s true, that’s a sign of inexperience from Duracell, making comments before having the full facts in front of him. Disappointing.

You're both right pal.

Tomoris first reaction was emotinal, his second was classy.

He's very animated with his reactions to conceding goals or missing chances.

He's also a very good player.

He'll learn to cut out the occasional histrionics.

Possibly the best 30 minutes I've seen from a championship side for a fair while, maybe since Bournemouth in their pomp 

Could have been five and maybe shouldhave been 3 up before Boro got anywhere near it 

The first twenty Boro couldn't get near the ball.

5 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

What about the ref?

There was one.

Apart from the offside for their goal, he seemed pretty even today, so I was wrong in the past. I thought that one and a half good refs would be our lot for the season. Ho hum! Now what can I moan about?

8 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're both right pal.

Tomoris first reaction was emotinal, his second was classy.

He's very animated with his reactions to conceding goals or missing chances.

He's also a very good player.

He'll learn to cut out the occasional histrionics.

Possibly the best 30 minutes I've seen from a championship side for a fair while, maybe since Bournemouth in their pomp 

Could have been five and maybe shouldhave been 3 up before Boro got anywhere near it 

The first twenty Boro couldn't get near the ball.

Yeah you’re right as well pal the first 20 minutes we were magnificent. Not only that the best 3 games we’ve played in a row for years. We have the same points tally as last season after 15 games. But and a huge BUT last season and the season before under mac2 we were just luckily beating the likes of boro, Norwich, Leeds, etc. However now we seem to have an identity and a plan, with hungry young exciting players. I lost interest under rowett at the back of last season, never believed in him even when 2nd at Christmas and couldn’t get any of my 3 boys to come with me  on the 1 junior ram ticket we have, they would rather play Fortnite! Now there arguing about the brum match ?

I wasn’t impressed with FL coming in, I thought it was a showboat impact appointment. I’m glad I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Yeah you’re right as well pal the first 20 minutes we were magnificent. Not only that the best 3 games we’ve played in a row for years. We have the same points tally as last season after 15 games. But and a huge BUT last season and the season before under mac2 we were just luckily beating the likes of boro, Norwich, Leeds, etc. However now we seem to have an identity and a plan, with hungry young exciting players. I lost interest under rowett at the back of last season, never believed in him even when 2nd at Christmas and couldn’t get any of my 3 boys to come with me  on the 1 junior ram ticket we have, they would rather play Fortnite! Now there arguing about the brum match ?

I wasn’t impressed with FL coming in, I thought it was a showboat impact appointment. I’m glad I was wrong. 

Bloody Fortnite, the reason for many an argument in our household. 

People are only looking at the last 3 games but if you look at the last 5 it makes an interesting read......

Norwich (H) 1-1 - Norwich were on a 5 game winning run when we played them and are currently 4th.

QPR (A) 1-1 - QPR since drawing to us have won 3 in a row and sit 2 points outside the top 6.

Sheffield United (H) 2-1 - United had won there last 4 and sat top of the championship when we beat them.

WBA (A) 1-4 - West Brom newly relegated had won there last 5 home games in convincing fashion, had scored the most goal in the league and sat 3rd and could of gone top with a win against us. 4-1 win.

Middlesbrough (A) 1-1 - Middlesbrough sat 2nd in the championship and had the best defensive record in the league, Derby had played 3 games in less than a week and managed to get a point away from home only dropping the points due to fatigue and a fluke error.

Our last 9 games have been impressive, if you look at the teams we have played and where they are/were when we played them and recovery times for us etc.

Blackburn - D

Brentford - W

Man United - W

Bolton - L - Annoying

Norwich - D

QPR - D

Sheff United - W

WBA - W

Boro - D

We have only lost 1 of our last 9 and we lost to the poorest team of the lot, the teams we have played have all been playing well and its quite impressive. We are serious contenders and if we can start putting poorer sides to the sword and being more resolute in defence then i am confident this year. The way we are playing and the chances we are making (Wilson Volley v Boro and Mount Flick and Volley v Boro etc.) Were exciting and playing football the way Derby County should be.

Archived