Flu Jab

Coneheadjohn

Well, I’m sat waiting in a hospital so I’ve asked one of the nurses and they have told me that it was about 20% who had it but that they’ve started to threaten them with moving them to another role if they don’t so it is about 75%. now.

That hasn’t really helped me either.

Though I get the principal  of wanting to keep any infection away from high dependency or at risk groups.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the vaccine throughout my NHS career and continue now I’m retired. Got the latest one on way home from the Norwich match as there was an ASDA fairly close to home. Charged me £7 and done very quickly. No adverse effects and would rather have it than not.  Seemingly there’s around a 30% effectiveness rate but not had a problem since having the jab (touch wood!)

Always have it, also had pneumonia jab a couple of years back. No side effects and i have a shocking immune system.

Always wary of adhoc reports when people say they still got flu cause most bouts of flu are a heavy cold.

51 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Worth it, speaking as a pharmacist. You might be eligible to get it free (if you are over 65 or diabetic , its free for you). No real side effects tbh apart from a bit of swelling/pain at site of injection at worse

I had mine nasally. No injection - one sniff and it was done.

Oh, sorry, flu jab. I thought you said cocaine.

Never bothered with flu jabs but this doesn't mean I'd avoid all vaccinations - that's just nuts. There are vast swathes of the world that really do require numerous jabs if you're thinking of visiting, most of Africa being an example. There are far worse things to be wary of than a humble flu virus, typhoid,hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cholera, yellow fever and rabies being a few choice examples. 

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Always have it, also had pneumonia jab a couple of years back. No side effects and i have a shocking immune system.

Always wary of adhoc reports when people say they still got flu cause most bouts of flu are a heavy cold.

Women have colds. Men have flu.

17 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Never had it, never had flu and if I do get flu, I won't die from it.

If I was 60+ I might consider it, but I'm not pumping my body full of unknown gubbins for no benefit, no matter how much my bosses might threaten me to have it.

Now, where was my wine?

I know it was 100 years ago, but 228,000 people in the UK did just that in the Spanish Flu Pandemic!

On 23/10/2018 at 19:39, JoetheRam said:

Never had it, never had flu and if I do get flu, I won't die from it.

If I was 60+ I might consider it, but I'm not pumping my body full of unknown gubbins for no benefit, no matter how much my bosses might threaten me to have it.

Now, where was my wine?

People do die from complications of having flu. Maybe you won’t but you could pass it to an elderly person who could die from it 

I’ve had flu twice in my life. If you’ve ever had it you will do anything to try and avoid it again, it’s not a snotty nose and a sore throat, you are too weak to do anything at all  

I’ve been vaccinated as I work in the NHS. It’s not a live vaccine, it doesn’t give you flu so you don’t get ill after having the jab. 

Archived