Flu Jab

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thankfully never had proper flu & the only time I've had quite bad flu-like symptoms for a few days, it started within 24 hours of having the flu jab.

That was 10+ years ago, when I worked for a firm who paid for the staff to have them. I haven't had one since and have been fine...up to now.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

I've thankfully never had proper flu & the only time I've had quite bad flu-like symptoms for a few days, it started within 24 hours of having the flu jab.

That was 10+ years ago, when I worked for a firm who paid for the staff to have them. I haven't had one since and have been fine...up to now.

We’ve been fine up until last year and everyone had it and was shocking for a week,MrsCone had pneumonia.

I’ve just got this deep mistrust of it and I can’t make up my mind.

I’ve heard similar stories to yours where it’s made people unwell.

This is a good unbiased read about the flu vaccine,

influenza vaccines have a modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost. There is no evidence that they affect complications, such as pneumonia, or transmission.WARNING: This review includes 15 out of 36 trials funded by industry (four had no funding declaration). An earlier systematic review of 274 influenza vaccine studies published up to 2007 found industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies independently from methodological quality and size. Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favorable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies. The content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in light of this finding.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20614424

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

This is a good unbiased read about the flu vaccine,

influenza vaccines have a modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost. There is no evidence that they affect complications, such as pneumonia, or transmission.WARNING: This review includes 15 out of 36 trials funded by industry (four had no funding declaration). An earlier systematic review of 274 influenza vaccine studies published up to 2007 found industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies independently from methodological quality and size. Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favorable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies. The content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in light of this finding.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20614424

Interesting,you can’t trust anyone these days.

35 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Found a long, and imo balanced, arrival.

If you don't fancy all of it, scroll to the end for some tips.

https://experiencelife.com/article/the-debate-about-flu-shots/

Reading the ingredients doesn’t make it appeal to me anymore but you would have to trust the doctors.

Mercury,formaldehyde and a vaginal spermicide (What does that mean exactly),I dont think I’d have any of those on their own tbh.

Been having the jab for the last few years on the advice of my GP. I take medication that dampens down my immune system  so for that reason he suggests I should have it. Thankfully,(touch wood) I've never had any adverse affects but I do know people who have. Based purely on my experience, I would recommend it. 

1 hour ago, Bigfella said:

My wife and I have had flu jabs for the last six years - it has worked for us both. I would recommend it from my personal experience.

Same here. I don't think it will stop you having flu but it does limit the effect once you've got it. I'm having mine this week.

Isn't it more about dampening down the spread of the virus by having more people specifically vaccinated against it, rather than necessarily stopping you from getting it? I've never had the flu jab but have had mild flu most years. If I'd had the jab would I swear blind that the jab was what gave it me? Probably.

I despair with people who go into militant anti-vaccination mode. My mum had measles in the 1950s and nearly went blind.

Then thanks to vaccinations I don't think I remember a single friend ever getting measles when I was a kid.

But now you see kids dying again because their parents are idiot "anti-vaxxers" who would rather believe dubious/non-existent evidence over keeping their kids healthy and alive. Maybe it's Darwin at work

Archived