Unpopular topic? - South Stand

Sowter

1 minute ago, rsmini said:

I was in my normal South Stand position yesterday, we made noise for the first 10 minutes as normal, then all goes quiet until we get back in front. The singing 'core' in the south stand always tend to go quiet, I've no idea why. Some near the SW corner always try to get a chant going as well. But it would be appreciated if the rest of the stadium would start something as well. 

I was watching MOTD last night and the atmosphere in the grounds is awful. Very little chanting from the likes of Chelsea and Man U. The promoted clubs seem to be only ones who chant

Season tickets cost between 3-600 quid (roughly). Creating an atmosphere costs nothing. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i was kid, I remember the reason I fell in love with derby was because the atmosphere was so loud, i just thought it was amazing and couldn't wait to go back. I cant imagine i'd have the same feeling going as a kid now, unless my first game was against Forest

Yesterday at the match I thought we weren't singing so much but having just watched the match back on Sky I have changed my mind somewhat.

I just think the Sheffield fans were so loud we couldn't always hear our own fans - at least from where I was sitting in the North Stand. 

Someone mentioned taking away the drum but we can hear that, so please don't.  Get another, preferably someone who can add to the rhythm. 

I had this argument with a guy on twitter this morning (probably the same guy who started this thread) . 

1) It's not just up to the south stand to create an atmosphere 

2) The atmosphere was good yesterday 

3) We have a lot better home atmosphere than many grounds in the Championship 

4) If your that concerned @Sowter do something about it ! 

I can find a lot more problems with other grounds and their general football atmosphere. Not having traditional 3pm kick offs do not help, Sky is another key factor in this. You very really walk into a new built ground now with a rocking atmosphere. Also Derby was coming into this match on the bounce of a loss and two miserable draws do you blame the fans sometimes for not singing a full 90? Paying £20-£30 a ticket and nearly £5 a pint?? 

3 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Season tickets cost between 3-600 quid (roughly). Creating an atmosphere costs nothing. 

Quite right atmosphere costs nothing but other stands can get more involved. I don’t think I mentioned the price of a season ticket

3 hours ago, jimbobram said:

When i was kid, I remember the reason I fell in love with derby was because the atmosphere was so loud, i just thought it was amazing and couldn't wait to go back. I cant imagine i'd have the same feeling going as a kid now, unless my first game was against Forest

I was a kid in the early 70’s and the BBG was very often rocking especially on the European nights 

2 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Quite right atmosphere costs nothing but other stands can get more involved. I don’t think I mentioned the price of a season ticket

You didn't. I did. I was pointing out the fact that we pay all that money to watch them, why not create an atmosphere that the players can get a buzz of and that we can come on here and say 'How amazing was the atmosphere yesterday'. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am in the east there singers in the east stand I am one of them.

But unfortnley turned into another family stand.

Unfortunately turned into another family stand ? The kids are the future of this club b4 ? Did you not go when you were younger ? If you would have seen my lads face yesterday when we scored after 19 seconds , that's what football all about . 

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I had this argument with a guy on twitter this morning (probably the same guy who started this thread) . 

1) It's not just up to the south stand to create an atmosphere 

2) The atmosphere was good yesterday 

3) We have a lot better home atmosphere than many grounds in the Championship 

4) If your that concerned @Sowter do something about it ! 

Correct, it isn’t only up to the South Stand but they should be by far the loudest as that was the reason it was changed. 

Having better atmosphere than other championship ground is nothing to be proud of, like someone else said, they’re all pretty bad.

It’s not down to me to do something about it. It’s down to people in the south stand! We have the perfect opportunity to create a great atmosphere behind that goal.

Im a season ticket owder and used to watch Cloughie . Nah i used ta sit in B stand . Atmosphere wa rocking in there at BBG  . In mi opinion they should sack off loud music etc . That is cringeworthy. I have ta tarn darn mi hearing aids and it meks Hilda shout in mi lug oils . And that aint good when she aint cleaned her dentures and had a tic tac after shes had sum pork scratchings 

7 hours ago, philmycock said:

Too many in the South Stand not singing apart from block next to away fans, about time the drum got ditched too, we were sold the Dortmund dream but too many came for the cheap seats 

I’m with you on the drum, time to stop it now. 

Archived