Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

pretty harsh considering his goal record at this level don't you think? He's by no means a world beater but he did have a lot pace. Take a look at the goal he scored against Barnsley last game of the season for a recap 

hushed pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Resist the urge rynny... 

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Next season will be lonely for him then!

We aren't talking about next season, we are talking since the end of January 2019.

How do you know what will happen next season??

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”😫

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Different positions - Mitchell-Lawson is a winger

Injuries have affected him no doubt, that coupled with our midfield not functioning in recent weeks, he’s often isolated and doesn’t have the strength of Waghorn to be target man when needed.

cant ignore his form earlier in the season. Class player, so much more to his game than just goals!!

10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Was there any indication what the illness was that Marriott had if it was something along the line of glandular fever it takes a long time to fully recover

He flourished at Peterborough because he had Marcus Maddison setting him up time and time again. We need to start creating things for him and giving him better service, because I don't see his recent dip in form really being anything to do with his own game.

Fingers crossed Mount will be able to do this because we don't look very creative at the minute. Even Huddlestone is struggling. 

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Was there any indication what the illness was that Marriott had if it was something along the line of glandular fever it takes a long time to fully recover

I don’t know but not 100% or not fully recovered could well be it.

On 14/03/2019 at 23:55, Nuwtfly said:

He flourished at Peterborough because he had Marcus Maddison setting him up time and time again. We need to start creating things for him and giving him better service, because I don't see his recent dip in form really being anything to do with his own game.

Fingers crossed Mount will be able to do this because we don't look very creative at the minute. Even Huddlestone is struggling. 

We need to buy Marcus maddison in the summer. 

On 14/03/2019 at 12:07, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that neither, Marriott, nugent or waghorn have struggled of late 

forwards are all about service, during the month of February there quite simply wasn’t any , and march hasn’t exactly been champagne football.

things have picked up a bit against Wednesday and stoke, but if a forward is feeding off hopeful scraps then they’re going to suffer no matter who they are.

On 14/03/2019 at 22:24, i-Ram said:

That Bris Vegas knew a bit about football didn’t he 👀

Just because Jack has been disappointing of late doesn’t mean Vegas was right