Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

pretty harsh considering his goal record at this level don't you think? He's by no means a world beater but he did have a lot pace. Take a look at the goal he scored against Barnsley last game of the season for a recap 

hushed pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Resist the urge rynny... 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Next season will be lonely for him then!

We aren't talking about next season, we are talking since the end of January 2019.

How do you know what will happen next season??

Share this post


Link to post

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”😫

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”😫

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

Different positions - Mitchell-Lawson is a winger

Share this post


Link to post

Injuries have affected him no doubt, that coupled with our midfield not functioning in recent weeks, he’s often isolated and doesn’t have the strength of Waghorn to be target man when needed.

cant ignore his form earlier in the season. Class player, so much more to his game than just goals!!

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”😫

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

Was there any indication what the illness was that Marriott had if it was something along the line of glandular fever it takes a long time to fully recover

Share this post


Link to post

He flourished at Peterborough because he had Marcus Maddison setting him up time and time again. We need to start creating things for him and giving him better service, because I don't see his recent dip in form really being anything to do with his own game.

Fingers crossed Mount will be able to do this because we don't look very creative at the minute. Even Huddlestone is struggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Was there any indication what the illness was that Marriott had if it was something along the line of glandular fever it takes a long time to fully recover

I don’t know but not 100% or not fully recovered could well be it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/03/2019 at 23:55, Nuwtfly said:

He flourished at Peterborough because he had Marcus Maddison setting him up time and time again. We need to start creating things for him and giving him better service, because I don't see his recent dip in form really being anything to do with his own game.

Fingers crossed Mount will be able to do this because we don't look very creative at the minute. Even Huddlestone is struggling. 

We need to buy Marcus maddison in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/03/2019 at 12:07, coneheadjohn said:

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”😫

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that neither, Marriott, nugent or waghorn have struggled of late 

forwards are all about service, during the month of February there quite simply wasn’t any , and march hasn’t exactly been champagne football.

things have picked up a bit against Wednesday and stoke, but if a forward is feeding off hopeful scraps then they’re going to suffer no matter who they are.

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/03/2019 at 22:24, i-Ram said:

That Bris Vegas knew a bit about football didn’t he 👀

 

Just because Jack has been disappointing of late doesn’t mean Vegas was right 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.