Jack Marriott

David

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/03/2019 at 23:55, Nuwtfly said:

He flourished at Peterborough because he had Marcus Maddison setting him up time and time again. We need to start creating things for him and giving him better service, because I don't see his recent dip in form really being anything to do with his own game.

Fingers crossed Mount will be able to do this because we don't look very creative at the minute. Even Huddlestone is struggling. 

We need to buy Marcus maddison in the summer. 

On 14/03/2019 at 12:07, coneheadjohn said:

We discussed it last night.

One of my lads went,”We’ve broken Jack Marriott”?

I’d agree with G Star that he’s out of form but I would hope that’s just down to a knock/fitness.

What I do like is that I don’t think FL would hesitate to put JML on instead because he certainly looked sharper albeit for 10 minutes.

Marriott coming back to full fitness/form for the run in is massive.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that neither, Marriott, nugent or waghorn have struggled of late 

forwards are all about service, during the month of February there quite simply wasn’t any , and march hasn’t exactly been champagne football.

things have picked up a bit against Wednesday and stoke, but if a forward is feeding off hopeful scraps then they’re going to suffer no matter who they are.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Marriott is the future - but need a better midfield. all strikers rely on service.

Marriott needs to do better though. 

Retention of the ball is nowhere near as good as Chris Martin. 

Sometimes wonder if Marriott has learned to control a football at times when it bounces off him 

Great goal scorer though given chances. 

Waghorn finds controlling a ball difficult too. 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Sometimes wonder if Marriott has learned to control a football at times when it bounces off him 

It’s almost as if different players have different attributes.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

I do agree re Marriott and his touch it’s not good enough at times

devils advocate might say if both him and waghorn are struggling to get hold of it is it down to the quality into them... or lack there of.

Bit of both imo 

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Love to see Martin and Marriott up front for Derby 

Honestly , I think that could be something I really do 

I’m not calling for Martin to come back next season it just baffles the life out of me why we hung onto nugent and bombed Martin our so freely, perhaps wages and budgets, I don’t know

irs just one of those where I’m thinking why we didn’t try it 

as someone said, could be Goddard and Saunders all over  

36 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Love to see Martin and Marriott up front for Derby 

Yep it could well work.

Marriott plays his best football facing goal and is a predatory/reaction based player. Whereas Martin plays his best stuff back to goal/drifting into space and is a creative/control based player.

Could be the modern day equivalent of Willems and Sturridge.......just need a new Gabs!

17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep it could well work.

Marriott plays his best football facing goal and is a predatory/reaction based player. Whereas Martin plays his best stuff back to goal/drifting into space and is a creative/control based player.

Could be the modern day equivalent of Willems and Sturridge.......just need a new Gabs!

Who’s the Daryll Powell ? Lol 

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Honestly , I think that could be something I really do 

I’m not calling for Martin to come back next season it just baffles the life out of me why we hung onto nugent and bombed Martin our so freely, perhaps wages and budgets, I don’t know

irs just one of those where I’m thinking why we didn’t try it 

as someone said, could be Goddard and Saunders all over  

Because they were both contracted to the club and Nugent suited Frank's preferred style more than Martin.

Next season only Martin is contracted to the club and Frank might have learnt something about what his team and existing players need to click in the Championship. 

It's not just about Martin scoring goals. It's about what he can create for others around him who are more mobile.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Because they were both contracted to the club and Nugent suited Frank's preferred style more than Martin.

Next season only Martin is contracted to the club and Frank might have learnt something about what his team and existing players need to click in the Championship. 

It's not just about Martin scoring goals. It's about what he can create for others around him who are more mobile.

agree 

Archived