Jack Marriott

Day

The guy ran and ran and ran. Closing the keeper down, very close a couple of times and we’ll have a goal or two with that philosophy, some keepers won’t get away with it. Be great to see that. I often think instead of running a straight line weave left and right towards keeper, confuse em..... maybe. ?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Wasn’t able to influence the game as much last night as he has done recently but I found myself thinking I’d rather have Marriott than Grabban as good as Grabban has been this year.

I’d rather have Jack and all his energy and enthusiasm anyday.

We couldn’t get the ball to him enough, the few times we did he caused problems, unfortunately not one clear cut chance was created for him.

Marriott will go on to play premier league football without a doubt, whether it’s with us I’m not sure. He’s absolutely brilliant, quick, battling, great finisher, can cross, comes deep and is reasonably strong as well. Pretty much the perfect all round striker, almost like Nugent, bent and Martin rolled into one. Technically the best striker I’ve seen in a derby shirt based on what we’ve seen so far, and this is coming from a bloke who was initially a bit concerned based on his sub appearances.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

We couldn’t get the ball to him enough, the few times we did he caused problems, unfortunately not one clear cut chance was created for him.

Lawrence had the chance to put him in during the 2nd half but then decided to blaze it wide from 20 yards.  You'd have put your house on him from the position he was in...

55 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Lawrence had the chance to put him in during the 2nd half but then decided to blaze it wide from 20 yards.  You'd have put your house on him from the position he was in...

Lawrence had every right to shoot there.

2 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

His technical ability is faultless in my opinion. Watch the highlights for Wilson’s volley in the 2nd half. His cross was technically amazing

Wasn't he the one who put the inch perfect cross to Nugent at the back post too?

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The one in the first half for the Mount chance wasn't too shabby either...

See above ?

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Agreed - I think all players (maybe even Wilson) should be told IF you can get it to Marriott then than is plan A - Plan B is smack it in yourself from 35 yards

But that might just be because I've fallen for Jacky as if he were a cross between Chris Martin and Jake Buxton...

56 minutes ago, rynny said:

Lawrence had every right to shoot there.

And this is very true - He made the chance well himself, did very well with it up until the shot and was well within his capabilities to have a go - Hindsight is a wonderful thing - Plus he wouldn't have had that much time to make the decision

40 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

And this is very true - He made the chance well himself, did very well with it up until the shot and was well within his capabilities to have a go - Hindsight is a wonderful thing - Plus he wouldn't have had that much time to make the decision

It was only just wide as well, it wasn't like it was a horrible miss (like Lolley's that went out for a throw!!) 

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, should’ve buried it tho really being the sort of player that he is. The pass to Marriott would’ve been a tough one.

No doubt there is no more disappointed than him for the miss, but as above it was only just wide. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a read on the Forest forum and makes me laugh, apparently Forest was where he wanted to go not Derby but they didn't want him and he is not good enough for them anyway.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Have a read on the Forest forum and makes me laugh, apparently Forest was where he wanted to go not Derby but they didn't want him and he is not good enough for them anyway.

They are just annoyed that they ended up with a bloke who saved up a years worth of pube trimmings and glued them to his face as their main striker.

I wouldn’t exchange Marriott for ANY striker in this league. Not only is he a great finisher, his work rate and pressing helps us defensively and his all round game is improving all the time. His hold up play is decent, he’s demonstrated he has great passing range and crossing ability and still only 24. We’re lucky to have him

37 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I wouldn’t exchange Marriott for ANY striker in this league. Not only is he a great finisher, his work rate and pressing helps us defensively and his all round game is improving all the time. His hold up play is decent, he’s demonstrated he has great passing range and crossing ability and still only 24. We’re lucky to have him

Has anyone said he reminds them of Bobby Davison??????????

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I would like to add someone very good next to him! 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Dear me. paul, what are you doing reading the forest forum?

thats like taking a peek behind the curtain at an undertakers.

Archived