Jack Marriott

Day

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I’ve started to call the wife Jackie now and sing swing low to her.. Hmm Saturday night, she might get pissed if I call her Jackie a bit later.. Too much?

What are you wanting her to swing low?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2018 at 14:43, Matlock Old Ram said:

After last nights performance when he was arguably MOM are we all in agreement that this lad is the real deal and with a bit of luck become a Rams legend? 

I don't think he'll be with us for long enough to be Derby legend - sadly I think he'll be Man U/Chelsea/Man C/Liverpool one, but the £30m will come in handy.

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Jack's secret seems to be to shoot very early. He doesn't mess about finding his footing and lining stuff up does he? 

You get the cool, calm and composed strikers just slotting stuff away with ease but Marriott isn't like that. He doesn't flap, he knows exactly what the situation is, but he fires his shots off as quickly as possible before any keeper can set themselves. 

I like it. 

Battles hard for a little fella too. He's had some heavy units to compete with lately and he doesn't duck out of anything or give away fouls. Goes right into everything.

These grafting forwards we get are usually a bit rubbish in general play too. He's very good in possession most the time. 

Lampard's first transfer window goes down as a winner, innit?

Reminds me of Ian wright to an extent, in terms of being an instinctive striker.

34 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Reminds me of Andre Gray when he played at this level. An absolute machine 

At a very marketable age, if he keeps this up we could get huge money for him

Was going to say similar, maybe a bit like Danny inngs too.

20 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

He’s hungry, never stops running and never gives up. Dare I say he’s looking like the best striker we’ve had for quite a few years.

Got to say all Frank’s signings thou have made a significant impact. I look forward to seeing Evans soon. 

The only way I see Evans getting a starting spot is if Huddlestone gets an injury or has a massive drop off in form, though can't see that happening the way he's playing. He glides gracefully through the games, never rushing a pass, whether playing it long or short.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Reminds me of Andre Gray when he played at this level. An absolute machine 

At a very marketable age, if he keeps this up we could get huge money for him

Or perhaps hang on to the natural finisher we have been needing for years. Wouldn't that be a novel idea...

4 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Lovely lay off in the second half resulting in Lawrence's shot - seems to be growing in stature too as doesn't get knocked off the ball as easily now. early days but at this rate he will comfortably reach double figures - better than Vydra, let's see?

I liked vyds but Marriott offers much more in all round play

Archived