Jack Marriott

David

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I forgot to mention.

A couple of weekends ago (during international break)

I had to deliver a take away to a customer called jack Marriott, he seemed like a nice chap. gave me a really healthy tip aswell.  So hes in my good books no matter how well he plays.

Oh... and I know where he lives!

10 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I had to deliver a take away to a customer called jack Marriott, he seemed like a nice chap. gave me a really healthy tip aswell.  So hes in my good books no matter how well he plays.

What did he have?

13 hours ago, jagerbob said:

What did he order?

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I have it on good authority it was this

maxresdefault.jpg

Reminds me of the famous quote about porridge.....

"Is one supposed to eat it, or has it already been eaten".

26 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

After last nights performance when he was arguably MOM are we all in agreement that this lad is the real deal and with a bit of luck become a Rams legend? 

Not only a sharp finish from a tricky angle, but it was a great little knock round the corner for Nugent's chance that hit the post.

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Not only a sharp finish from a tricky angle, but it was a great little knock round the corner for Nugent's chance that hit the post.

The sharp finish but also the other shot that was so powerful it almost dropped in from the keeper's desperate parry.

And as well as setting up Nugent, it was Marriott who set up Waghorn for the one-on-one in the first half.

And he never stopped pressing. I'd say he's a keeper, but he's actually a brilliant centre forward. Hope Southgate, who was apparently watching, took note. With Vardy's retirement England need another finisher and it's never going to be Welbeck or Rashford. Though Southgate's not going to put two Championship players in his squad, meaning Jack needs to score the goals to get us promoted first.

Jack's secret seems to be to shoot very early. He doesn't mess about finding his footing and lining stuff up does he? 

You get the cool, calm and composed strikers just slotting stuff away with ease but Marriott isn't like that. He doesn't flap, he knows exactly what the situation is, but he fires his shots off as quickly as possible before any keeper can set themselves. 

I like it. 

Battles hard for a little fella too. He's had some heavy units to compete with lately and he doesn't duck out of anything or give away fouls. Goes right into everything.

These grafting forwards we get are usually a bit rubbish in general play too. He's very good in possession most the time. 

Lampard's first transfer window goes down as a winner, innit?

Archived