Jack Marriott

Day

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know the future for JM but we do know his history.  Loaned out time and again by Ipswich, then dragged himself up through lower leagues.  To me this shows he is a grafter which has been exemplified on the pitch now he is being given a chance to start and show what he's about.  And and as for his pace, blistering, you just knew that once he got into gear he was going to get that ball;  in our house we love that about him; could give our whippets a run for their money.

He's got captain written all over him for the future judging by his eloquence (and modesty) in interviews and determination on the pitch.  Exciting prospect for DCFC.  

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

We don't know the future for JM but we do know his history.  Loaned out time and again by Ipswich, then dragged himself up through lower leagues.  To me this shows he is a grafter which has been exemplified on the pitch now he is being given a chance to start and show what he's about.  And and as for his pace, blistering, you just knew that once he got into gear he was going to get that ball;  in our house we love that about him; could give our whippets a run for their money.

He's got captain written all over him for the future judging by his eloquence (and modesty) in interviews and determination on the pitch.  Exciting prospect for DCFC.  

Come off it, he's not that fast and captain!? 

He's quick enough, sure, but he's not even close to blistering.

On 21/10/2018 at 09:32, Dappled Ram said:

Please can we ban the use of the word dud in relation to any Derby player.

On the other hand, scanning a post for the word allows us to identify the eejits without having to read the rest of their drivel.

Final whistle interview he mentioned he was lacking fitness when he joined. Aware of the man at Peterborough a good while ago, in a thread somewhere,  I’ve real man love for the guy. He’s a real character and I’ve 100% faith in his ability. We’ve got so much to look forward to with this fella....Just watch him go. Jacks Back ?

I remember Frank saying a lil while back that JT told him Marriott was a right nuisance to play against through the whole 90 and had that natural striker's instinct and a real dogged determination and grit. If JT said it, that was good enough for me to know Marriott was bound to succeed over here in the right environment.

19 hours ago, jimbobram said:

There is no reason why JM can't be a 20-25 goal a season striker, as long as he gets the service. Twice on Saturday we played good balls in to him. The first one he set back for Bryson, the second he tucked away nicely.  

He received 4 good crosses. Missed 2 half chances.

An assist and a goal from 4 crosses is good though.

45 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This is true, but your shin has to be there to score it.  He had a snap shot with his foot a bit earlier and it went wide.

Long live his shin I say.

Very clever I thought to deliberately make sure he hit with his shin rather than getting a cleaner strike with his boot which may well have sent it wide. ?

Archived