Jack Marriott

David

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

See Peterborough’s chairman is keeping things undisclosed as usual... not that any of those clauses are out of the ordinary 

You could say he is being very open with his supporters ( everyone else doesn’t have to look)

1 hour ago, Mazzaram said:

Has anyone said he reminds them of Bobby Davison??????????

Yes I have mentioned it, came from the lower leagues like Bobby, both put there all into every game, good in the air for there sizes, never give defenders a moment piece, good at finishing, and both 20 a goals per season strikers, and like  Bobby did, Jack will get better and better the more time he is at the club,  for me Franks best signing so far, think Jack goals will fire us into the play offs, hope to see Jack play for us for many, many seasons, and would love to see how he does in the premier league, think he could score goals at all levels to be honest with you, and a great finish at Norwich, so cool under pressure.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

You could say he is being very open with his supporters ( everyone else doesn’t have to look)

Yes. I like him for it. Far better than all this undisclosed fee nonsense. And he was straight with us throughout the negotiations according to MM. 

I also like the fact he said he would be following us this season and hoping well do well, because of his fan like devotion to jack.

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes. I like him for it. Far better than all this undisclosed fee nonsense. And he was straight with us throughout the negotiations according to MM. 

I also like the fact he said he would be following us this season and hoping well do well, because of his fan like devotion to jack.

Nothing to do with the add-ons he’ll (probably) get if Marriott fires Derby into the Premier League?

8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Yes I have mentioned it, came from the lower leagues like Bobby, both put there all into every game, good in the air for there sizes, never give defenders a moment piece, good at finishing, and both 20 a goals per season strikers, and like  Bobby did, Jack will get better and better the more time he is at the club,  for me Franks best signing so far, think Jack goals will fire us into the play offs, hope to see Jack play for us for many, many seasons, and would love to see how he does in the premier league, think he could score goals at all levels to be honest with you, and a great finish at Norwich, so cool under pressure.

Marriott is the striker we have been needing for many a season. In signing JM, for me Lampard has achieved something that so many of his predecessors failed to do, in signing a proper 'out and out' instinctive goal getter.  

On 30/12/2018 at 09:06, Paul71 said:

Have a read on the Forest forum and makes me laugh, apparently Forest was where he wanted to go not Derby but they didn't want him and he is not good enough for them anyway.

That’s just the jealousy of a team who have Alfie Solomans from Peaky Blinders up front!

Just wanted to bring this and make everyone aware of it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46758866

Brereton, 19, initially joined Rovers on loan in August but has now signed until 2022 for a fee worth up to £7m.

I think Brereton has the potential to be a very good player in the future BUT my overwhelming thought when I saw it was:

Marriott = Bargain...

• 2 months later...

Would not say he is out of form just that he has s not getting the service.Would have put money on him scoring on Saturday when Waghorn was put in and mis controlled and also being on the end of the one Holmes put across the six yard box first half last night.

On 31/12/2018 at 12:04, Phoenix said:

Where do Peterborough keep unearthing them? Apart from past history, I see they've got 2 in the top 12 goalscorers in Div 1, with 21 between them.

maybe its down to their play maker Maddison tops the assists list last year and this so far i think

The service to him has been awful. Complete trash. 

Wilson and Lawrence shoot on sight rather than try to open any angles for through balls. 

His service comes in the form of crosses in which he's the only player defenders have to track because everyone else is hanging on the edge of the box looking for the second ball 

What's he meant to do that he isn't doing? 

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The service to him has been awful. Complete trash. 

Wilson and Lawrence shoot on sight rather than try to open any angles for through balls. 

Interesting how we see things through different lenses (well in my case).  I thought Lawrence was fairly unselfish last night. On a number of occasions around their box, he squared it or put in some dangerous balls.  If he played Marriott in the first 60 mins and then brought Waghorn on, we might have seen a more positive result.

Like a lot of what the rest of us have said already but its all about the service. He lives off the sliding ball in between the centre half/full back when he breaks off the shoulder. This ball hasn't been seen for a while. His strikes against Sheff Wednesday, Chelsea, QPR earlier in the year is what he's all about and before he came along we hadn't had a striker like him on the books for a while. 

I thought Waghorn's actual centre forward play against the two gorillas of Stoke was actually pretty sound, we just lacked a cutting edge. 

What we missed last night and what I've said before so many times is we need a different kind of striker in our squad, an awkward old fashioned centre forward who can give as much as he gets would be such a welcome addition and could make a big difference in games like last night. You can then have Marriott playing off a big man. 

Wendies brought on Nuhiu on Saturday. While he isn't great technically he is an awkward customer and does cause problems in a different way to other strikers. Matt Smith another one, Gary Madine at Sheff Utd (while a complete ar*se still a decent player), absolutely every Middlesbrough forward... When we went to Rotherham earlier in the year they're lad Michael Smith was a guy who impressed. Gave everything, never stopped running, knew his limitations but knew his role. Surely wouldn't cost a lot and still a decent age at 27. 

I do think it was a mistake letting Jerome go as he hit a nice patch of form for us that actually without his goals we wouldn't have made the playoffs last year. He is a solid championship striker and gives you strength and pace in abundance. 

I do think a big strong centre forward could be a good option in the summer. When Nugent goes that frees space up for another striker in the squad so then you can have Waggy, Marriott and then El Gigantor as your options! 

Archived