Jack Marriott

David

Was at the heart of so many of Derby's attacks on Saturday, and not just the three goals. He's Darren Bent, but links up more.

If anything, my favourite contribution was one that didn't end in a goal - beautiful chested flick round the corner for Wilson.

While £6m (I think?) may look expensive, think he's been terrific value so far. Frank has done a great job in managing him too.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 86 points said:

For the sake of clarity, I've highlighted the bits of your post that confuse me.

OK, put it like this. We could play Christiano Ronaldo as our lone striker and he'd be very good, but that doesn't mean that lone striker is his best position or that Harry Kane wouldn't be a better option there.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Was at the heart of so many of Derby's attacks on Saturday, and not just the three goals. He's Darren Bent, but links up more.

If anything, my favourite contribution was one that didn't end in a goal - beautiful chested flick round the corner for Wilson.

While £6m (I think?) may look expensive, think he's been terrific value so far. Frank has done a great job in managing him too.

Wasn't it "rising to 3 million"? Or maybe 3 million rising to 6? Not sure, but 6 up front definitely not.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I loved that little touch!!!

Not to fall into hyperbole, but he's shaping up to be the love child of Sturridge (raw pace, finisher) & Martin (clever hold up play) ?

46 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

OK, put it like this. We could play Christiano Ronaldo as our lone striker and he'd be very good, but that doesn't mean that lone striker is his best position or that Harry Kane wouldn't be a better option there.

OK, but I'm not sure where I've inferred otherwise. What I said was that the suggestion that Jack would not flourish given the way Frank sets the team up has turned out to be nonsense which it very clearly is, hence his 4 goals in 5 games, so simply saying you don't think he is suited by it is unlikely to change my thinking much. If you are of the opinion that Frank has got it wrong and we should be playing a different way then by all means illustrate the case - what would be the team selection and how would it alter the current balance? Why would it improve Jack's scoring rate and why do you feel that rate warrants scrutiny in the first place? As it is, the point is a bit moot from my POV. It's not like we're playing Jack as a lone target man and he's having to endure a style that negates his skillset - that's what you seem to be implying but your reasoning escapes me despite the Ronaldo / Kane analogy.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I get the impression that @Bris Vegasmight be serving a “moderator’s sentence” given something Rynny posted a week ago.  He can post some drivel at times, mainly to provoke reactions, but he isn’t normally slow to fight his corner.  I look forward to his return in due course.  Lovely to see @Ninosback this weekend too.

I ain't said nothing ?

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I get the impression that @Bris Vegasmight be serving a “moderator’s sentence” given something Rynny posted a week ago.  He can post some drivel at times, mainly to provoke reactions, but he isn’t normally slow to fight his corner.  I look forward to his return in due course.  Lovely to see @Ninosback this weekend too.

Nope. He just sings when we are losing so he can say told you so

18 hours ago, angieram said:

Doesn't Bris just use these "contoversial" posts as a starting point for gathering fans' opinions on a topic that he then regurgitates into his HITC articles? 

I   hope he's paying @David commission for his commercial use of our collective intelligence! 

Whilst we don’t usually discuss member bans/warnings publicly, Bris has been removed from the forum.

Having previously admitted to trolling the forum when bored a year(ish) ago, he made a post which suggested he was trolling once again with his opinions on Jack Marriott, patting himself on the back for the views his topic received.

His topic was also removed at the time. 

As I say we usually don’t discuss members publicly but his name is appearing quite a bit with Marriott’s performances, I think right we should let you all know. 

On 06/11/2018 at 04:22, David said:

Whilst we don’t usually discuss member bans/warnings publicly, Bris has been removed from the forum.

Having previously admitted to trolling the forum when bored a year(ish) ago, he made a post which suggested he was trolling once again with his opinions on Jack Marriott, patting himself on the back for the views his topic received.

As I say we usually don’t discuss members publicly but his name is appearing quite a bit with Marriott’s performances, I think right we should let you all know. 

Permanent or temporary, if I'm allowed to ask?

I thought even when he was wumming, he did it so obviously that I couldn't really take offence, and he did drive debate with his posts.

I'd have liked to have seen his reverse ferret on Marriott personally.

Spoilsport let him back on so we can flame him.

Has he been removed completely or just banned from posting?

I like Bris. I don't mind his wind ups and I agree with him when he's serious about a topic.

Same as curtains. He loves a wind up but he's sound. 

I guess you have to know how to take some people. 

If you're reading, Bris... love you x ? Bon Voyage 

Archived