Jack Marriott

David

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Hey nowt wrong with Hull it's a decent 'home', they are starting to climb the table and Chris will be OK for them as they will be with him.

As for Jack Marriott he sounds like a grounded lad that will do his talking on the pitch and will work his socks off for the team, and FL loves that and he knows Derby County fans love that in a player also.

Love yous Inverurie but I've been to Hull once and never again!

I could be wrong, but aside from Middlesbrough I think he's scored in every game he's started? I know there was a delay in getting him adjusted to the system but he's shown himself to be consistent. Above all else, I'm more impressed with his all round play. I expected him to be an Earnshaw type, but he's a grafter, a playmaker and a goalscorer all in one. I like the comparison with Nugent.

1 hour ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Have u been recently. Went last year down dock side and thought it was nice place.

Love Marriott by the way. My favourite hotel since Dean Saunders.

In all honesty no and I'm being a tad mischievous anyway. I went once to Withernsea and was 'treated' to a walk on the seafront which I was assured repeatedly, was once dubbed the 'Northern Riviera' - it did make me laugh as everything in sight was boarded up, covered in graffiti, vandalised or all three. It was 6 years back though so..... My original comment referred to the state of Hull as a football club really with them languishing 2nd from bottom and also the fact that once again, Chris finds himself playing in a system that really doesn't suit him, not to mention he's not even playing as a striker. 

I Was a big fan of Vydra, but love Marriott....definitely my favourite player right now. 

He has transformed us. 5 points from 5 before he came in. 11 points from the 5 since he came in.

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I Was a big fan of Vydra, but love Marriott....definitely my favourite player right now. 

He has transformed us. 5 points from 5 before he came in. 11 points from the 5 since he came in.

Indeed, though this also exactly coincides with the return of big tom

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The position was up in the air for a while and he's just grabbed it by the balls. Only a fool would bet against him scoring against any team.

8 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

Exciting player, you can see he's enjoying himself. He's got good players around him and between them they hardly stop running. Chuffed!

Yes ! What I really enjoy, goals apart is watching him either, run off the ball or, pass and move. Does it constantly, exactly as a natural and well coached predatory footballer should. 

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Come on @Bris Vegas join the jack marriott love in.

To be fair he’s onboard, just for some reason not on here, an extract from his latest article...

With four goals and two assists in his last five games, including the recent 3-2 defeat at Chelsea in the cup, Marriott is showing devastating form and he will only get better and better.

The 24-year-old is crucial to the way Derby play, and him leading the line at Pride Park will not only significantly bolster the Rams’ promotion bid, but it will dent those also challenging for a return to the Premier League.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/02/tt-Derby-county-beating-rivals-to-the-signing-of-jack-marriott-c/

Archived