Day

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Can you hear the Bris sing? Nooo Nooo

can you hear the Bris sing? I can’t hear a ducking thing. Oo-o-oo-op-oooo

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ?

Bris is consistent, I’ll give him that, consistently full of it, that is ?

His article from a few days ago.....

Marriott’s movement, willingness to run off the ball and pressure defenders added with his natural goal threat will surely made him a fans’ favourite at Pride Park – and potentially the club’s best striker in years.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/22/tt-exceptional-a-proper-striker-some-derby-county-fans-rave-abou/

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Marriott’s movement, willingness to run off the ball and pressure defenders added with his natural goal threat will surely made him a fans’ favourite at Pride Park – and potentially the club’s best striker in years.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/22/tt-exceptional-a-proper-striker-some-derby-county-fans-rave-abou/

Simply stating the weekend's performance and quoting his stats from previous clubs.  No mention of why he scores so many, or why he could be the new Bobby Davidson.  Such a boring article, even for HITC... 

Sorry @Bris Vegas that article is a stud ?‍♂️

Just now, angieram said:

That song sounds bloomin' great at the game. Did he bring it with him from Peterborough or did we pinch it from Sheffield Wednesday?

What do they sing after "Swing Low, Jack Marriott"

...is it anything inventive, or just "coming for to carry me home"?

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Seriously, WTAF! By some weird quirk of fate, me slagging off fickle. click-baiting journos on last night's match thread, then Bris produces the above. Seriously LMFAO.

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

It's a journo thing. When there's some hype they want to build you up so they can be the first to 'expose the cracks', kick you to your knees and have all of us marvel at their insight whilst we wonder at how we missed what was so obvious to them. When they get it horribly wrong, they positively gush thereby aligning themselves with the general consensus, all in the hope we'll forget they said we fall short in the first place. Which reminds me, is Bris back 'in the building' yet?

The Americans will hate us for cultural appropriation. There is outrage and amazement across the pond that a slave ballad is used in England for a sports anthem. Personally I think it's wonderful, showing how the world changes and every culture borrows from every other one and, in the act of singing, there's a link and a memory of what's gone before.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Americans will hate us for cultural appropriation. There is outrage and amazement across the pond that a slave ballad is used in England for a sports anthem. Personally I think it's wonderful, showing how the world changes and every culture borrows from every other one and, in the act of singing, there's a link and a memory of what's gone before.

It's all about context and respect. As long as other cultures are handled with a bit of decency I think it can be a joyous ccelebration.

Swing low, jack Marriott, keep em swinging low.

Archived