Most embarrassing moment.....

Chester40

What's the most mortifying story/ thing that has ever happened to you? 

As a teenager I had to go for an operation on my shoulder.  My mum knowing I was very shy said  "they may do a full medical check, but its all normal to them, so don't worry".

A whole gaggle of nurses came in...about 10 student nurses with the Surgeon. 

He says 'how you doing? .. much pain.?..ready for op?' etc. Then.. 'could you just pull your pants and trousers down'. Thinking its just normal protocol I do as I'm asked.

So I'm now sat there...with my Mum and 10 nurses...everything out.

Then the Surgeon says ...'so exactly where is the problem then?..' 

I'm still sitting there shrivelled bits out feeling horrendously embarrassed...and I pointed to my shoulder.

So he looks a bit confused. Asks again, and then says.... "oh.... bloody hell, sorry...wrong file"!

The nurses were absolutely wetting themselves with laughter.

He walks over abd says "let's have a look then"...all nonchalant.... then "oh you can pull up your trousers up now and put tbat away".!!!!

After they had gone, I was sat with my Mum, quietly dying inside and we heard the ward staff giggling and one say "Really?? The poor lad".

My Mum just looks at me and goes "oh stop stressing; think of the poor sod who is really having his bits operated on"...!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, mozza said:

You must admit , it does sound like a scene from 'Carry on Doctor', i can only sympathise.

Exactly....it was a series of events that led to the most humiliating few minutes of my life. My Mum's rather unsympathetic response is totally true as well...!! 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Exactly....it was a series of events that led to the most humiliating few minutes of my life. My Mum's rather unsympathetic response is totally true as well...!! 

Did he sort your shoulder out ?

6 minutes ago, mozza said:

Did he sort your shoulder out ?

Oh yeh. Very minor surgery. He was obviously seeing his patients for that morning and was so busy showing off to the student nurses he got his files out of order...didn't know me from Adam. 

Maybe 15 years ago when i worked for someone else i had to go to our offices in colchester. So it meant an early start.

Im rubbish with colours as im colour blind, and in fairness i actually didnt realise anything was wrong until i got home. But i had a suit on with different coloured trousers to the jacket, and also to make it worse odd shoes.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe 15 years ago when i worked for someone else i had to go to our offices in colchester. So it meant an early start.

Im rubbish with colours as im colour blind, and in fairness i actually didnt realise anything was wrong until i got home. But i had a suit on with different coloured trousers to the jacket, and also to make it worse odd shoes.

Going off topic a second, haven’t glasses been developed to combat colour blindness? Or was that another spoof YouTube I saw?

Just now, Boycie said:

Going off topic a second, haven’t glasses been developed to combat colour blindness? Or was that another spoof YouTube I saw?

I dont know. Whos to say its not everyone else thats colour blind and im not ?

I once told a mate that i'd got further with a girl than i actually had. This of course got straight back to her and she mercilessly took me to task in front of the whole sixth form. That was quite embarrassing. 

Thouroughly deserved though. 

The doctor probably pulled that trick deliberately to amuse the student nurses.

If they write "tube" on a patients notes, it has been known to stand for 'totally unnecessary breast examination" 

24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The doctor probably pulled that trick deliberately to amuse the student nurses.

If they write "tube" on a patients notes, it has been known to stand for 'totally unnecessary breast examination" 

It means something completely different on @Boycie notes.

Was at an important corporate do in my mid 20’s trying to make a positive impression. At the buffet table l somehow swallowed a cheese ball, and it went down the strong way.  I nearly choked to death - must have been some 20 to 30 seconds l coughed and wheezed, and was on the floor, before someone came over and did some Heimlich procedure on me. Really thought l was going to die at one stage. No one came near me for the rest of the event. bar stewards.

At junior school was feeling unwell after dinner. Had a filmshow in afternoon and sat in hall with everyone. Started to feel the 'heave ho' coming on but instead of putting hand up and excusing myself, I thought I'd make it to the bog after the show ended. Show ended stood up and puked everywhere splashing the shoes of the bloke operating the projector.

15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

At junior school was feeling unwell after dinner. Had a filmshow in afternoon and sat in hall with everyone. Started to feel the 'heave ho' coming on but instead of putting hand up and excusing myself, I thought I'd make it to the bog after the show ended. Show ended stood up and puked everywhere splashing the shoes of the bloke operating the projector.

Ha, when i was at infants school..i was at lunch and felt ill. Told the female teacher on our table who was known for being strict. Said was ill, she was having none of it made me eat my salad containing beetroot. 

Was still protesting i was ill, she made me continue eating and sit there. Then i threw up beetroot coloured puke on the table.

Did said teacher apologise for her actions? No she proceeded to rollock me for being sick at the table.

We all went out one night...and had quite a few beers at Uni.

Next morning we are all sat near the back of a huge lecture theatre and my mate is moaning and groaning about feeling ill. Its 55mins in and we are almost done....

He suddenly does this weird cough/splutter... and a mouthful of puke escapes...down his t-shirt and over rhe ledge and drips down the back of the unaware girl in front.....

Most other people were unaware...so he takes his shirt off...wipes the ledge/table and dabs girl in front. And he makes the decision to not move and attract any attention. So he sits there for last 5mins with no top on trying to make out there was nothing to see......

When I was in college some friends and I went one night to try a new steak house that the girl I was seeing at the time parents owned and for me to meet them

All was going well until they came over and introduced themselves and when I got up to shake their hands I stumbled and ended up knocking over a waiter passing by, food and drinks going everywhere smh.

She was mortified but her parents laughed it off.Still though I was very embarrassed and upset that ruined a perfectly good ribeye, thing looked dang tasty.

1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

When I was in college some friends and I went one night to try a new steak house that the girl I was seeing at the time parents owned and for me to meet them

All was going well until they came over and introduced themselves and when I got up to shake their hands I stumbled and ended up knocking over a waiter passing by, food and drinks going everywhere smh.

She was mortified but her parents laughed it off.Still though I was very embarrassed and upset that ruined a perfectly good ribeye, thing looked dang tasty.

Sounds like one of them fake YouTube things you see that people do to get the clicks.

Archived