Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Do you think it’s about learning to pass at 22? 

Pretty much, which sounds ridiculous really. (He's not even that young either! 24 going on 25). 

He's got most things going for him which is where it's a bit mind boggling, no problems with his actual ability. On Tuesday he showed his pace, control and dribbling skills no end but on every surge Wales had going forward he had his head down with one thing on his mind - Can I get a shot away? No care in the world about anyone else or if they were in a better position. That's where he's got to improve. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I’ll be honest if I was TL reading this I would think “f***” the lot of you, what a depressing post and what a way to help the lad push onto the level we hope he can reach by starting a contributing to a thread where the main aim is to slate one of our young(ish) Players.

He's 25 in a couple of month's.  That's not young, it's half his career. 

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Firstly, if I was Tom Lawrence I wouldn't be looking to dcfcfans to have my ego stroked or look at how fans are assessing me. I'd know whether I'm playing well or not and if I'm playing badly i'd be fine reading criticism (not abuse) and my goal would be to shut people up. 

Secondly, when did this stop being a forum to chat about player/team performances etc and become some sort of direct team talk to the players. Is this forum now the place to come and show your support? Maybe just have a load of threads where we all praise everything Derby County and compete to heap the most praise on every part of the club? 

This is a discussion about his performance. If you think he's played well then you're welcome to say so. But aren't people welcome to say that he doesn't play well?

To be brutally honest I don't care what Tom Lawrence thinks of the forum and I don't he cares what we think of him. But I support Derby County only. Not Tom Lawrence or Richard Keogh or any one singly person unconditionally. Only Derby. I'm not outside his house booing him. I'm on dcfcfans saying that he's a selfish player who plays like he puts himself before the team. And if I was a forward keep getting ignored like our other forwards get ignored he'd hear harsher words than on this thread which has been pretty fair, insult free and calm

Magnifique Monsieur @Alpha. Beaucoup de bons mots ici. 

11 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I’ll be honest if I was TL reading this I would think “f***” the lot of you, what a depressing post and what a way to help the lad push onto the level we hope he can reach by starting a contributing to a thread where the main aim is to slate one of our young(ish) Players.

Maybe we should have a thread entitled 'Tom Lawrence - nice comments only' then he could come here every time he was feeling a bit down?

10 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Is he becoming the New Keogh?  He was the best player for the first 3 games, played well in the first half at QPR, leave him be I’m sure he will have a major effect on our season, lots to come from him 

You thought he played well vs Leeds and Reading? I also thought the front players were all poor at QPR. Lawrence greed was in full effect. FloJo was terrible and Mount couldn't pass wind. 

12 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

The post was actually defending him if you read it.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Marriott seemed to come out with some credit. Mounts a midfielder tbf - even if a bit constipated on the day?

Yeah, Marriott did what he could with the awful service tbf.

FloJo was the worst. Although I thought Lawrence was a selfish ball hogger that ignored some excellent openings he was probably the best front player out of everyone in front of Johnson except Marriott. 

But if that was Johnny Russell or Jamie Ward or even Dawkins it goes down as a 'meh' 

Wilson was the spark. I can't believe just how bad Josefzoon was. Been unlucky not to get more starts and now he's just put himself back on the bench at best

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Beaucoup de bons mots ici.

Don't go using those sorts of words on here!? Were leaving Europe (maybe, sometime, never), but it does give me an idea: We could flog TL to a French side for undervalued Euros and cash in if they become worth a bit more or the pound crashes.

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, Marriott did what he could with the awful service tbf.

FloJo was the worst. Although I thought Lawrence was a selfish ball hogger that ignored some excellent openings he was probably the best front player out of everyone in front of Johnson except Marriott. 

But if that was Johnny Russell or Jamie Ward or even Dawkins it goes down as a 'meh' 

Wilson was the spark. I can't believe just how bad Josefzoon was. Been unlucky not to get more starts and now he's just put himself back on the bench at best

FloJo's performance that day was a very nasty surprise. The most taken aback I have been since Bradley decided he was a pinpoint long ball passer v Hull in the playoff semi final home leg. But then apparently that was 'arry telling DazWas to "go direct".

Hopefully young Mason Mount is nicely rested and raring to go after his week touring the dugouts of Europe ?

Has ability, works hard on the pitch, confidence player. Tries to do way too much, feels like he's trying to prove himself and can only do that by taking on a whole defence and banging it in top corner. 

He needs to grow up and use his ability to also let others shine. That's what Russell was good at a lot of the time. 

He needs sitting down for a serious chat and telling that he'll waste his talent if he tries to do it all himself...

Get your head up son and pass to someone in a better position. Then get yourself into a better position and you'll reap the rewards. 

If he can't adjust his play, he'll only ever be a slightly frustrating forward who shows the occasional moment of genius.

23 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I do agree what you're saying but I can't say I've ever seen him shy out of a tackle, for a winger he's very aggressive and physical in his play.

Reminds me of Alan Hinton..... Very aggressive and physical in the tackle.  Hinton was a fantastic header too, but could not shoot for tuppence ?

Archived