is Ruud Gullit on crack?

Bob The Badger

If you haven't watched this.

Who do you think it is?

I spent a few minute pondering before I started the video and settled on Dalglish after considering Souness and Denis Law.

In all fairness I knew of this guy, but don't remember seeing him play. But I'm struggling to believe he was better than Best, Ronaldo or even Gascoigne for that matter. Because if he were, the Scots would still be banging on about him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/45824290

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/10/2018 at 00:08, Bob The Badger said:

In all fairness I knew of this guy, but don't remember seeing him play. But I'm struggling to believe he was better than Best, Ronaldo or even Gascoigne for that matter. Because if he were, the Scots would still be banging on about him.

Sounds like he was asked to name a Scottish player though by the person interviewing for BBC Scotland with the question that comes up on the screen, if you have to name one others would miss out. 

Can't access the link but if you want a mercurial Scottish midfielder / winger to put in your team then surely Kris Commons is the answer to the exam question....

All joking aside, Davie Cooper was majestic but hardly World XI and I would put Jimmy Johnstone or Jim Baxter (even Pat Nevin in his pomp) ahead of him if that is what you are trying to find......

My memory of Cooper was one that struggled to get 90 mins every week in a poor 80's Rangers side. 

He had an indian summer at Motherwell and with the national team for a couple of seasons before his early death. 

Very very skilful. 

3 goals stand out, a free kick v Aberdeen at Hampden ( never heard a shot hit the net so loud in my life), the penalty v Wales to send Scotland through to the play offs for the World cup ( the night Stein died) and the free kick v Australia in the play offs that took us to the 1986 world cup. 

Archived