18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebere eze 

no idea how we get him except perhaps by offering butterfield, johnson, martin, anya, pearce, ledley, nugent and thorne in part exchange.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ebere eze 

no idea how we get him except perhaps by offering butterfield, johnson, martin, anya, pearce, ledley, nugent and thorne in part exchange.

I've highlighted the McClaren purchases in there for you - I don't think he'd be interested in anyone else but Martin and he's away on loan

I still think part of the reason McClaren's second stint with us was so 'unsuccessful' (it wasn't really) was that in January he seemed to take the decision to publicly state how happy he was with the squad (I assume for morale?) - I think he would have brought in 2/3 loanees at least had it not been for the bloatedness of the squad at that point

Hudson-Odoi to take Bennett's place as he recovers (and to keep him away from our rivals)

A young left back to take Fozzy's place as he recovers and compete with Malone (unless we bring Lowe back)

Ampadu to understudy for/split time with T-Huddz (he'd be an excellent mentor for young Ethan)

I'd also love to see us sign some youngsters like Bayliss, maybe loaning them back to their old clubs for the rest of the season - looking forward to day we no longer have Mason Mount (tries to hold back the tears)

This Hudson-Odoi, seen his name mentioned a few times, not seen him play so went in search of the stats.

35 minutes played in Europa League

27 minutes played in the Premier League

53 minutes played in the FA Cup

That’s careeer totals. 

Other than that it’s all been at youth level, Premier League 2 and England up to the U19s.

I get he’s gaining the internet hype from YouTube clips and possibly video games, but can I point out that our U23s are currently top of the Premier League 2.

Why not give game time to one of our own? I get it’s not exciting as bringing in a Chelsea starlet, but he’s barely played. It’s a huge risk, especially when we’re in a promotion fight with a number of clubs, would rather take a risk if we need to on one of our own.

We’ve got Luke Thomas for a start that looked lively in pre season with the first team and by all accounts doing well over in Coventry, his loan is up in January. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ashley Cole has been offered a contract by several championship clubs, would be astonished if we weren’t one. duck knows whether he can do it anymore, but I thought an experienced man with knowhow to cover left back injuries in the short term would be the best move so would make sense to me.

Was literally on here to suggest the same. Apparently Galaxy couldn't afford go renew his £6500 per week contract... wouldn't cost us a lot at all and would provide terrific experienced cover/competition for Malone. It would also allow Lowe to remain playing games at Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Was literally on here to suggest the same. Apparently Galaxy couldn't afford go renew his £6500 per week contract... wouldn't cost us a lot at all and would provide terrific experienced cover/competition for Malone. It would also allow Lowe to remain playing games at Aberdeen.

Was always a fit player, signing him would remind me of Bruno at Brighton. Although the last time I saw him live was when Bennett put him on his backside numerous times at PP. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

And just like that there’s a HITC article saying the same thing...?

Will Ashley Cole at 38 next month want to come back and sit on a Championship bench for 5 months?

They go to the MLS to retire, my money would be on him doing just that with an Instagram post in the next couple of weeks.

And to think of all the stick Rowett got for signing old players, suggestions for a 38 year old. Be rioting if Rowett did just that ?

10 hours ago, David said:

This Hudson-Odoi, seen his name mentioned a few times, not seen him play so went in search of the stats.

I get he’s gaining the internet hype from YouTube clips and possibly video games, but can I point out that our U23s are currently top of the Premier League 2.

Strongly agree - Our young lads seem to be doing well at the moment - I reckon we're probably starting to show the rewards of the youth system which was put into place 10 (ish) years ago - Makes sense that it would be around now - Plus Lampard's willingness to play guys from their level must be a motivator for them to show what they've got week in week out

Hudson-Odoi was raved about in pre-season - There was suggestion that he was the next great Chelsea player and was going straight into the first team there - Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd then he hasn't... 

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Strongly agree - Our young lads seem to be doing well at the moment - I reckon we're probably starting to show the rewards of the youth system which was put into place 10 (ish) years ago - Makes sense that it would be around now - Plus Lampard's willingness to play guys from their level must be a motivator for them to show what they've got week in week out

Hudson-Odoi was raved about in pre-season - There was suggestion that he was the next great Chelsea player and was going straight into the first team there - Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd then he hasn't... 

Happens every year with Chelsea, I guess that’s what happens when your academy is the size of a small town, yet there they are sat 4th in the league.

We also beat them 1-0 back in August, a game which Hudson-Odoi and the much loved Tammy Abraham played in.

I have no problem loaning in youngsters that have proven themselves as quality players elsewhere, Wilson and Mount did just that. I’m not buying into this hype of youngsters because they have the big name club tag round their neck when ours are smashing those clubs in the league. 

It’s possible that a reason for the improvement is they can see a clear path to the first team with Bogle, Bennett and Bird all making the first team this season. Start bringing in untested youth from elsewhere would send out the wrong message and we all know that vegetables you grow yourself taste much sweeter than those in the big supermarkets.

9 minutes ago, David said:

It’s possible that a reason for the improvement is they can see a clear path to the first team with Bogle, Bennett and Bird all making the first team this season. Start bringing in untested youth from elsewhere would send out the wrong message and we all know that vegetables you grow yourself taste much sweeter than those in the big supermarkets.

I agree - I've been saying for a few years that when you establish a youth system it's not going to suddenly produce overnight - Wassall has to be given some credit for his long term view on this and it seems to be starting to pay off - The likes of Bogle, Bird and Thomas coming through and the rave reviews the likes of Sibely are getting shows it's working - And we have a manager now who is under less pressure and so more confident of dipping into that pool of players ('taking a risk')

That said - Not sure about the growing veg analogy - I live in central London and there's only so much you can grow on a balcony in smog filled air...

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

That said - Not sure about the growing veg analogy - I live in central London and there's only so much you can grow on a balcony in smog filled air...

Well had I gone with smoking our own bacon, not sure many would have got the analogy! ?

Archived