18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This! Yes Revel, in spades mate ?

Having said that, if we don't spunk £10m on players tomorrow I'll be furious.

It's within touching distance, let's gamble the whole club's future on promotion.

19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'll be honest, I'm a bit bored of people saying Mel's looking to quit/sell the club, and Frank's bound to look elsewhere due to the lack of investment/interest of our owner, without a scrap of evidence to back it up.

Mel's literally just put himself out there in public justifying the slight season ticket cost rise, bigging up the Golden Rams etc, while leading the bounce at an away cup game at a ground he'd be forgiven for skipping, hardly the actions of a man disappearing into the sunset.

Frank meanwhile gets to sign his veteran mate, talks about what he'd like to achieve with the club well beyond this season's end, has had a reasonable amount to spend to shape a squad so far, having raised the funds himself  admittedly, and his longer term signings such as Marriott, Waghorn, Evans and Holmes are all making more and more of an impression as the season goes on, while the lads he's bought in on loan have all contributed to a great start for a rookie manager.

He's done that, while also admitting that he's looking forward to the expected summer clear out so he can really make his mark on the squad.

There is literally no sign of dissent or unhappiness in the background, yet people seem happy to insist that's the case based on whispers and what their mate has told them.

No doubt Mel would like to see an end to the money pit we've become, but that doesn't mean he's reached his spending limit yet, and no doubt Frank is ambitious, but he's proved absolutely nothing yet.

Anyone who thinks clubs would be queuing up to employ him based on what he's done so far are delusional, he's proven nothing yet that would tempt a premier League club to take a punt.

Absolutely love this post @reveldevil ! Making too much sense for some of the people on these forums 

I suspect there is some juggling going on re options here.

If we get a perm CB then it frees up a loan spot. If we have to loan one then someone like Mulumbu on a short term deal may be the preferred option over another loan.

I wonder if the same was true of the Newcastle Keeper. Has Roos been tested over the last few weeks and passed therefore not worth loaning in another back up keeper and effectively wasting a loan.

I think you can have quite a few on loan but it's limited to 5 in a matchday squad

Bit worried about injuries for us and people who can change a game in midfield and up top especially as looks like forest want vydra and bonatini borough going for bolasie and traore stoke signing vokes and after Austin who are decent at this level and villa after Hayden and chalobah who are both loans and we are mulumbu who hasn't played all season poss 1 game and Andy king who maybe decent but hasn't played anything really just wish we hadn't spent all that money under Clement on bag average signings 

Suggestion- Let's give Buttefield, Anya, Johnson and Nugent to Reading, ALL on a free, OR loan until end of the season (but we pay as much of the wages as necessary) (hear me out).

Those 4 could improve Reading's fortunes. All need new clubs soon, so would be keen to put in some good performances.

Reading have no chance of being involved in the promotion race themselves, so no threat to Derby, but are in a relegation fight so need to keep playing (it's not like they're in mid-table obscurity)

We've already played them twice, too... whereas Sheff Utd, Villa, Blackburn, Leeds, Stoke, Hull, Norwich, Bristol City, WBA AND Boro still have to play them.

If, between them, they can help to pick up enough points against those, it's worth it (better than having them sit with the U23s and having no impact on our fortunes, even if we DO still need to be paying those wages... may as well pay them to benefit us by proxy!

Archived