18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

I'll be honest, I'm a bit bored of people saying Mel's looking to quit/sell the club, and Frank's bound to look elsewhere due to the lack of investment/interest of our owner, without a scrap of evidence to back it up.

Mel's literally just put himself out there in public justifying the slight season ticket cost rise, bigging up the Golden Rams etc, while leading the bounce at an away cup game at a ground he'd be forgiven for skipping, hardly the actions of a man disappearing into the sunset.

Frank meanwhile gets to sign his veteran mate, talks about what he'd like to achieve with the club well beyond this season's end, has had a reasonable amount to spend to shape a squad so far, having raised the funds himself  admittedly, and his longer term signings such as Marriott, Waghorn, Evans and Holmes are all making more and more of an impression as the season goes on, while the lads he's bought in on loan have all contributed to a great start for a rookie manager.

He's done that, while also admitting that he's looking forward to the expected summer clear out so he can really make his mark on the squad.

There is literally no sign of dissent or unhappiness in the background, yet people seem happy to insist that's the case based on whispers and what their mate has told them.

No doubt Mel would like to see an end to the money pit we've become, but that doesn't mean he's reached his spending limit yet, and no doubt Frank is ambitious, but he's proved absolutely nothing yet.

Anyone who thinks clubs would be queuing up to employ him based on what he's done so far are delusional, he's proven nothing yet that would tempt a premier League club to take a punt.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Such a shame though, if we don't go up this season, all it will take is someone like a Villa or any club with a budget and I honestly think Lampard would be off.

He has ambitions far greater than the championship and if he feels for a second he can't achieve it with Derby he is off.

Lampard has the potential to be our best manager since Jim Smith, I don't want to lose him.

I don’t think that’ll be the case. For one I think we’ll get additional investment pretty soon, just gut instinct but I can at least see Mel selling part the club purely to bring in extra funds so we won’t be so cashless next season. The out of contract players leaving will help as well. It’s a shame we may not have the budget to push on this year but I don’t think it’ll last, and frank doesn’t look like a man I’m a rush.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s looking to sell from whispers I hear, would you be throwing millions at a club hanging in sixth place when you’ve already lost countless millions and want out? Would think the answer is a resounding no. This is real money not Monopoly money remember.

Promotion would make the club an easy sell. Someone would come in with a guaranteed first season income of £75 millon.

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'll be honest, I'm a bit bored of people saying Mel's looking to quit/sell the club, and Frank's bound to look elsewhere due to the lack of investment/interest of our owner, without a scrap of evidence to back it up.

Mel's literally just put himself out there in public justifying the slight season ticket cost rise, bigging up the Golden Rams etc, while leading the bounce at an away cup game at a ground he'd be forgiven for skipping, hardly the actions of a man disappearing into the sunset.

Frank meanwhile gets to sign his veteran mate, talks about what he'd like to achieve with the club well beyond this season's end, has had a reasonable amount to spend to shape a squad so far, having raised the funds himself  admittedly, and his longer term signings such as Marriott, Waghorn, Evans and Holmes are all making more and more of an impression as the season goes on, while the lads he's bought in on loan have all contributed to a great start for a rookie manager.

He's done that, while also admitting that he's looking forward to the expected summer clear out so he can really make his mark on the squad.

There is literally no sign of dissent or unhappiness in the background, yet people seem happy to insist that's the case based on whispers and what their mate has told them.

No doubt Mel would like to see an end to the money pit we've become, but that doesn't mean he's reached his spending limit yet, and no doubt Frank is ambitious, but he's proved absolutely nothing yet.

Anyone who thinks clubs would be queuing up to employ him based on what he's done so far are delusional, he's proven nothing yet that would tempt a premier League club to take a punt.

Well said.

Regarding transfers - I think Frank has made some good signings so far, so I don't understand the whinging from some.

No manager has a perfect record, and when a signing doesn't work out, its not always because the manager is crap at assessing players.

Mount, Tomori and Wilson have been successful loans already. Holmes is a bargain and I am very excited about him being a Derby player in the future. Evans has potential, needs a run of games. Marriott is a star, and easy to support. Waghorn is improving and I think will do a good job. Malone has come in to be an attacking full back, and has shown he can be an asset (WBA away). FloJo has yet to really shine consistently, but again has shown glimpses (Hull away).

In terms of January - we need a CB. My thinking is we are unlikely to get a decent loan if they're not guaranteed starting time over Keogh and Tomori, who have been good. I would like to think we could find a younger player from a lower league, someone who would not expect to start every game but would be able to step in next season when Tomori returns to Chelski. Wishful thinking, but a Holmes like signing (under the radar, low expectation).

Loan out a few of the big earners who are not playing (where possible). see what's available that will improve us. Easier said than done.

Do we need Mel to be more active in looking for funds? 

Hes a Derby bloke and a Derby fan which is great to have at the head of the club but do we need investment as soon as possible, we are in a great position this year to make a big push and it would be a shame for that to end due to lacking 5 million?

Not saying anything negative or slating Mel! just asking for opinions......

11 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I see Thorne hasn’t played a single minute for Luton yet and I don’t think he’s even been involved in a match day squad as of yet. And some people think that he was ready for a start here.....he has just become a dad I believe but it just shows that they weren’t able to throw him straight in, 

Suspect some of that may be down to him being a signing brought in by Nathan Jones, who swiftly jumped ship to Stoke two days after. So Thorne may not be someone that the new manger wants/doesn't suit his style of play. Alas, I don't really know enough about the tactical analysis of Luton Twon. Ask Marcelo Bielsa - he'll give you a powerpoint presentation as to why George Thorne has been out of the starting line up should you so desire.

12 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I see Thorne hasn’t played a single minute for Luton yet and I don’t think he’s even been involved in a match day squad as of yet. And some people think that he was ready for a start here.....he has just become a dad I believe but it just shows that they weren’t able to throw him straight in, 

Luton's fixtures since he signed:

Sunderland - unused sub

Sheff Weds - FA Cup replay so not eligible

Peterborough - Came on in the 69th min

Southend - unused sub

Portsmouth - last night's match, not in the squad due to the birth of his 1st child

So he has been in the squad when available and also made 1 sub appearance. He was never going to go straight into their starting line-up when they are top of the league and he hasn't played first team football all season

13 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

I don't know anything about Mel's personal position or his intentions but he has been more distant and out of the spotlight than previously and, without doubt, if you wanted to raise the profile of the club prior to sale then Lampard was the way to do that.

That being said, even if Mel did want to sell, I would still be amazed if he would sanction a move for Pearce without being prepared to back Frank in getting a replacement

Probably because when he did get involved the “social media lynch mob” went into overdrive! He’s damned if he does and he’s damned if he doesn’t. I’d prefer to put a positive slant on things and say that he’s happy with Lampard’s performance so far as the manager and he’s happy to take a back seat for once.This is a local bloke and boyhood fan who’s invested over £100 million in the club.For that alone,I think he deserves some slack.Lampard has a massive job on his hands for an apprentice in the role and the departure of 8/9 players in summer will test the club’s financial status and the recruitment Department’s quality.

Personally,I’d recruit Brentford’s scouting system!?

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Do we need Mel to be more active in looking for funds? 

Hes a Derby bloke and a Derby fan which is great to have at the head of the club but do we need investment as soon as possible, we are in a great position this year to make a big push and it would be a shame for that to end due to lacking 5 million?

Not saying anything negative or slating Mel! just asking for opinions......

Give this a read.. .http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

17 hours ago, reveldevil said:

This! Yes Revel, in spades mate ?

Archived