18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I know it’s frustrating that we’ve not strengthened yet but rejoice at Forest spunking the money away.

It’s going to end in tears...enjoy.

Why not be honest and tell the fans Derby aren't interested in promotion and the £75 million plus that goes with it. It won't sell many season tickets but that is the situation. The owner isn't interested.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Harrowram said:

Why not be honest and tell the fans Derby aren't interested in promotion and the £75 million plus that goes with it. It won't sell many season tickets but that is the situation. The owner isn't interested.

I don’t think that’s the case,let’s see what happens this week.

Until surplus players leave nobody is going to be coming in.

I do wonder if the likes of Johnson & Ledley dont go if we will integrate them back into the matchday squads as their experience on the bench will be more important than youth imo. They still train with the rest so cant see why not unless payments/bonuses arent worth paying like with Anya (apparently)

14 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Feel like that's a toys out of pram kind of statement, we don't need signings for signings sake. It sounds like Mings is going to cost Forest a fair bit for someone that hasn't produced the goods for a fair while. Why take that risk? 

Most players moving in this window go at a premium, the only thing we realistically need is a backup CB. Lampard has already said we're in the market for one. Otherwise be happy with what we have and push on from there ?

18 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Daftest thread of the day

43 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Total and utter drivel. 

55 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

He’s looking to sell from whispers I hear, would you be throwing millions at a club hanging in sixth place when you’ve already lost countless millions and want out? Would think the answer is a resounding no. This is real money not Monopoly money remember.

45 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s looking to sell from whispers I hear, would you be throwing millions at a club hanging in sixth place when you’ve already lost countless millions and want out? Would think the answer is a resounding no. This is real money not Monopoly money remember.

I don't know anything about Mel's personal position or his intentions but he has been more distant and out of the spotlight than previously and, without doubt, if you wanted to raise the profile of the club prior to sale then Lampard was the way to do that.

That being said, even if Mel did want to sell, I would still be amazed if he would sanction a move for Pearce without being prepared to back Frank in getting a replacement

46 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Such a shame though, if we don't go up this season, all it will take is someone like a Villa or any club with a budget and I honestly think Lampard would be off.

He has ambitions far greater than the championship and if he feels for a second he can't achieve it with Derby he is off.

Lampard has the potential to be our best manager since Jim Smith, I don't want to lose him.

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

I don't know anything about Mel's personal position or his intentions but he has been more distant and out of the spotlight than previously and, without doubt, if you wanted to raise the profile of the club prior to sale then Lampard was the way to do that.

That being said, even if Mel did want to sell, I would still be amazed if he would sanction a move for Pearce without being prepared to back Frank in getting a replacement

So would I, I think we will get a centre back in. Fear that will be it and it probably won’t be enough, but I am fairly certain we will get a that at least before the deadline 

Lots of negativity on here lately——- I am not sure why we have made lots of dreadful transfer business in January in many seasons 

yes it would be lovely if we could have a wonderful centre forward and a wonderful central midfielder and a great central defender but it’s only Tuesday - two days to go and we will see and if we don’t get those in it may or may not be a benefit to us 

I see Thorne hasn’t played a single minute for Luton yet and I don’t think he’s even been involved in a match day squad as of yet. And some people think that he was ready for a start here.....he has just become a dad I believe but it just shows that they weren’t able to throw him straight in, 

14 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I see Thorne hasn’t played a single minute for Luton yet and I don’t think he’s even been involved in a match day squad as of yet. And some people think that he was ready for a start here.....he has just become a dad I believe but it just shows that they weren’t able to throw him straight in, 

He has been on the bench - and been a used sub - and not in the 18 tonight due to his good lady birthing a child.

Archived