muzzamurray

18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Various suggestion tweets about going in for Ampadu again. Don't get where he would play, though.

He'd effectively uproot Bradley Johnson's place in the squad, I'd imagine. He'd get plenty of games at CDM, CM and if SARS ever spread in the area, even get a few games at CB. 

Ampadu is a very good player, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him become ever-present in our team. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He'd effectively uproot Bradley Johnson's place in the squad, I'd imagine. He'd get plenty of games at CDM, CM and if SARS ever spread in the area, even get a few games at CB. 

Ampadu is a very good player, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him become ever-present in our team. 

Not convinced Chelsea would want him to move to warm our bench. Chatting to the Chelsea lot the other night they were very complimentary about him. 

Surely you're arguing he displaces Huddlestone? Which is a tough call because Hudds is our experienced wise old head in midfield, already alongside two youngsters. 

Paul Tisdale talks a lot of sense and was his first manager. He has an interesting take that reflects very badly on his FA and England youth setup if true: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/ethan-ampadu-england-wales-too-few-touches-paul-tisdale-a8532346.html

6 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

He's been playing and scoring for them thugs season. Think that's a little on the unrealistic side. 

We need to be looking at the kind of strikers that can't get into mid table/lower table Prem teams in the same way Fulham did with Mitrovic last year. 

I did say a wild card, but if the lampard factor combined with the way we are playing can’t tempt players then nothing will so let’s set any targets we may have interestingly 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I did say a wild card, but if the lampard factor combined with the way we are playing can’t tempt players then nothing will so let’s set any targets we may have interestingly 

Sturridge?!?!?! C'mon Sparkle.... We've got more chance of signing Mother Teresa.

4 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Tim Weah on loan from PSG please

Interesting shout. Son of the President of Liberia! Hasn't played much, but I guess you've seen more of him than anyone else.

On 06/11/2018 at 19:00, Carl Sagan said:

GK (1/3) Carson Roos Mitchell

RB (1/4) Bogle Wisdom Tomori Anya

LB (1/4) Forsyth Malone Lowe (Olsson)

CH (2/5) Keogh Davies Tomori Pearce Wisdom

CDM (1/5) Huddlestone Johnson Evans Ledley Thorne

ACM (2/8) Mount Wilson Bryson Holmes Johnson Butterfield Bird Sibley

WRF (1/6) Waghorn Wilson Bennett Josefzoon Holmes Anya

WLF (1/6) Lawrence Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson Holmes Anya

CF (1/4) Marriott Nugent Waghorn Bennett

So that's 45 decent options (from 32 players) for the 11 starting places.

He seems to be building a squad for next season though and I would imagine it'll look a bit more like this realistically (losing loanees and almost everyone out of contract) - So wouldn't be shocked to see permanent moves for a CM and maybe a striker?

Edited by cheron85
Made post slightly smaller

1 hour ago, Charlie George said:

Seems Drogba is playing down his retirement.

Wonder if he'd fancy joining Frank for 5 month contract in the New Year. Would he still be fit enough at 40 ?

You are Gary Rowett and I claim the £5

Interesting window coming with question marks against quite a few......right now i'd stick lawrence in centre mid to see if he can produce anything before the window.

jozefzoon really needs to step it up.

That leaves.....

Carson, bogle, malone, keogh, tomori, huddz, mount, ? , waghorn, marriott, wilson

roos, ? , lowe, davies, ? , evans, bryson, holmes, bennett, ?, thomas 

Other - sibley, bird 

Injured - fozzy, olsson

out? - anya, thorne, ledley,

fading?? - johnno, pearce, nuge, wisdom

Poo??? - lawrence, jozefzoon

On 09/11/2018 at 20:57, Charlie George said:

Seems Drogba is playing down his retirement.

Wonder if he'd fancy joining Frank for 5 month contract in the New Year. Would he still be fit enough at 40 ?

He's talked (jokingly) about coming to play for us a few times. Many a true word is spoken in jest. 

Aged 50 (apparently) Taribo West managed to be our best player, but leading the line with a high press is a different thing. However, the aura of having Drogba in the squad might give us the lift needed to get over the line.

If anyone joins in January this is the deal I'd expect.