18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Charlie George said:

Seems Drogba is playing down his retirement.

Wonder if he'd fancy joining Frank for 5 month contract in the New Year. Would he still be fit enough at 40 ?

You are Gary Rowett and I claim the £5

Interesting window coming with question marks against quite a few......right now i'd stick lawrence in centre mid to see if he can produce anything before the window.

jozefzoon really needs to step it up.

That leaves.....

Carson, bogle, malone, keogh, tomori, huddz, mount, ? , waghorn, marriott, wilson

roos, ? , lowe, davies, ? , evans, bryson, holmes, bennett, ?, thomas 

Other - sibley, bird 

Injured - fozzy, olsson

out? - anya, thorne, ledley,

fading?? - johnno, pearce, nuge, wisdom

Poo??? - lawrence, jozefzoon

On 09/11/2018 at 20:57, Charlie George said:

Seems Drogba is playing down his retirement.

Wonder if he'd fancy joining Frank for 5 month contract in the New Year. Would he still be fit enough at 40 ?

He's talked (jokingly) about coming to play for us a few times. Many a true word is spoken in jest. 

Aged 50 (apparently) Taribo West managed to be our best player, but leading the line with a high press is a different thing. However, the aura of having Drogba in the squad might give us the lift needed to get over the line.

If anyone joins in January this is the deal I'd expect. 

Suggestion - stefan johansen

outstanding for fulham last season, only had 3 starts in the prem. Out of contract in june 2019 altho the club have a one year option.

Can he stop crosses coming in ? Also a serious question.

i like Bogle he’s one of our own, but the club need to buy/loan a top quality, preferably international right back in January , who could be a definite starter if we go up. Teams are targeting the right side of our defence, which can’t be allowed to continue.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Can he defend? (Serious question)

No. He's a Cyrus Christie that takes pens and free kicks. 

He's scored more penalties this season than the rest of the Premier league added together. (refs seem to like giving him the opportunity)

Comfortable on the ball, likes getting in the box and can finish, but suspect defensively. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

No. He's a Cyrus Christie that takes pens and free kicks. 

He's scored more penalties this season than the rest of the Premier league added together. (refs seem to like giving him the opportunity)

Comfortable on the ball, likes getting in the box and can finish, but suspect defensively. 

Just what we don't need then.

21 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

i like Bogle he’s one of our own, but the club need to buy/loan a top quality, preferably international right back in January , who could be a definite starter if we go up. Teams are targeting the right side of our defence, which can’t be allowed to continue.

I like Bogle too - But personally I think we already have a top quality RB who can attack and defend - Andre Wisdom

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone suggested Nick Powell yet? Once the loanees go back we'll be seriously short of attacking centre mids - and with his contract running out in the summer he should be good value! Only 24. 

We could offer £2m cash or £3m + Butterfield?

Thoughts?

15 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Has anyone suggested Nick Powell yet? Once the loanees go back we'll be seriously short of attacking centre mids - and with his contract running out in the summer he should be good value! Only 24. 

We could offer £2m cash or £3m + Butterfield?

Thoughts?

Nope. Not with these tactics. He is closer to Vydra than midfielder IMO.

Good player though, very good. Almost half as good as Bradley Dack in that role...  What about the attitude? Sure it can change but really doesn't sound like Lampard's guy.

Archived