18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Seems to be a bit of noise that we are linked with Nelson Oliveira. Reading are favourites though, and probably nothing in it.

If we could get him firing he could be perfect cover for Marriott.

Not sure if we could get him but Jake Cooper to take Curtis's spot? 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Don’t get the fascination with cooper myself. Whenever I’ve seen Millwall he just looks like a big lump who just hoofs it forward. No better than what we already have in my opinion.

There have been a number of occasions this year when we have needed a big lump and not a timid dwarf.

8 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

I’d much prefer keogh and tomori over Cooper. Not mobile enough from what I’ve seen of him. 

We do need abit of that though something different to the 2 guys we’ve got! Sometimes you just need the ball getting smashed 50 yards up the field 

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

We do need abit of that though something different to the 2 guys we’ve got! Sometimes you just need the ball getting smashed 50 yards up the field 

That’s a fair point and I agree, just don’t see a cooper type being what we would go for.

23 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

That’s a fair point and I agree, just don’t see a cooper type being what we would go for.

I agree with that aswell, I just do think if we are going to sign a third option it should be someone different to Keogh/Tomori

52 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

I think in the absence of Davies and the departure of Pearce, we need a more physical centre half who can deal with the Steven Fletcher/ Djedhiou type forward who dominates us in the air.

Keogh and Tomori are both light-boned and get outmuscled.

Cooper's partner Hutchinson is impressive when I see him but his injury record is against him.

I hope we invest in this area and in a tough midfielder, because if we get a backline who can tough it out we certainly have the armoury to score goals.

Having a big centre half will add to that tally because at present we don't have an aerial presence at set pieces.

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Says today they are willing to take a 5m loss on the 17 mill they paid for him so want 12 mill....

Good value for someone who has hardly played and hardly scored - stupid money - then again does that mean Butterfield and Anya are worth about £8 million for the pair - er no

15 hours ago, Topram said:

I agree with that aswell, I just do think if we are going to sign a third option it should be someone different to Keogh/Tomori

No point in that, or you end up having to change your style of football whenever that person plays. I understand a different option up top, but centre back is fundamental to passing football. You only have to see how poor we were at moving the ball out and into midfield every time Curtis Davies played to see that.

Archived